Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 WebPro and PCPro will not connect after power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPhone

IS-IT--Management
Dec 27, 2022
US
We use an NEC SV9100 phone server/system and since a recent power outage we can no longer connect to either WebPro or PCPro via IP address. I can ping the address of the server and it responds without delay or lost packets. However if I try to connect on either webPro or PCPro the connection fails. On WebPro the login page never loads. Is there another way to access the system to complete a safe restart of the gui? This has happened one other time after a power outage otherwise its never been an issue. The phones are working properly with no problem but I cannot complete any changes since I cannot access the phone server.

Thank you for any advice.

You can try programming through a phone, but that can be cumbersome. You might have to try a system reset.

I have been able to complete some items through phones but will have to get back into the server at some point. For example having trouble with something today that can only be done through phone. Would love some suggestions if anyone has more to add as possible option.

It is possible that something else has stolen the IP address your system used to have as after the power outage DHCP will have reassigned addresses to almost everything on your network and what you are getting a ping reply from is not your PABX. Try setting a continuous ping going (ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /t)then briefly unplug the system's ethernet connection and see if the ping then fails. Also check the address of the system from the phone (check both 10-12-01 and 10.12.09). if all else fails, try a power down reset. Hopefully you have a backup in case you can't get it back at all.

Plus directly into the system. I would also check to see if someone changed the web port 80 to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back