Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 paging output to Bose Freespace IZA 190 HZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomen00

Technical User
Jan 31, 2006
US
Hello, wasn't exactly sure which forum to put this into since it's more of a paging/amplifier situation. I have a unique to me situation and am trying to figure out the best way to complete the task. Currently this site has a Bose IZA 190 HZ amplifier and they want to use an Altronix PT724 programmable timer. At the moment we have page and music working on the sales floor but have not figured a way to incorporate the timer to essentially mute page between the hours of 8am and 9pm but keep the music playing. Would anybody have any experience or ideas on how to accomplish this? They have 70v speakers connected to the amp also. Thanks!

Simplest solution would be to setup the relay to open the page input connection. The relay would be programmed to turn the relay on at 8am and turn it off at 9pm. That would be the latching function in programming. The relay would be connected to use the normally closed and common to one side of the page input wiring. When the relay is turned on to will disconnect the page circuit and mute the paging.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Well great minds think alike because that's exactly what I did. The problem was no matter if the Altronix relay was OFF or ON we still were getting page through it. I ordered a new timer thinking maybe it was the issue but then started to second guess my wiring. Hopefully it was just a faulty timer! Thanks for the reply @budbyrd!

If that doesn't work you may need a second relay that breaks both input connections. You may also want to try breaking the other half of the connection if you were still getting pages. It may be getting a ground connection to the phone system through some sort of sneak circuit. (I have seen weirder things things... You never know)

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back