Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 failover

Status
Not open for further replies.

projectit

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2019
US
hi everyone,
i joined here after much much pain in configuring or attempting to configuring a failover for the sv9100. we have a unit and the sip from Fusion/Megapath. we also have 2 WAN, one from ATT and one from Comcast. what i am trying to accomplish is when ATT wan is non functional or down comcast takes over but the pbx doesnt communicate or establish calls even though there is a NAT rule in the cisco firewall. how do we configure the failover on sv9100 for this? or am i barking up the wrong tree?

You need to specify the WAN address in the PBX. There is only one available in the program. I do not think this will work.
Anyone else have an idea?

I think Adtran makes dual WAN SBC capable of switching between ISPs.
We looked into it few years ago. But instead of trying to add redundancy to sip connectivity, we added PRI through different ISP.
Your approach will not protect you from outages on sip side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back