Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 Extension Digit Dial 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

herestone

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2021
PH
Hi All, can someone would like to help me on my concern, I need to create local 711 and local 71101 , I put 5 Digit Dial on 7X (Extension) the put 3 digits on 71 (Extension) then assign number on 11-02 program 711 and 71101 . After I test, when I dial 71101 the call goes through but when I dial 711 the call cannot go through (busy tone after a few seconds. Would like to ask if there are program that I need to config?

Thanks for the answer.

Meaning , no solution for this concern?

Concern?

711 is not 5 digits. Before you tell me it allows you in PRPro so it SHOULD work..no.
71100-71199 is what you set in the logic/numbering table. 711 is leading digits but since you allocated for 5 digits. No go.
And yes some systems allow for this but dial SLOW because they encapsulate the digit string. Not good.

Actually in NEC SV9300 we maintained it works, there is 711 local and local 71101. But, when I apply in SV9100 System it won't.

There you go. Maintained or administered? Important difference.

That's because they are two completely different systems with completely different software and architecture. the 9300 allows you to use end of dialing timeout to see if you have finished dialing, if you dial another digit before the timeout ends it includes it allowing different length numbers. The 9100 doesn't have this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back