Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 crashing with SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarity16

Systems Engineer
Jul 6, 2020
GB
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with the NEC SV9100 crashing(completely rebooting) when using sip trunks. This happens randomly and could be while on 1 call or 10 no obvious pattern to it.

If I remove the SIP and use physical lines only then I have no issues.

The pbx has the latest firmware. I also know that this is not network related as it is happening on a stand alone network.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Belevedere, The alarms are not indicating anything other than a system start up after the crash.

If it only happens with the SIP trunks, then it could be a hacker, IP address conflict (would show an alarm). If you have a good firewall, check those error logs. If you have a static WAN address, request a change (requires system programming as well).
We had 2 SL2100 systems doing the same thing. With both systems, they were defaulted, left powered down for a weekend, then reprogrammed. The issue disappeared. I am not suggesting you do that yet. Just some experiences we had. Has NEC NTAC been brought in to look it over?

It is across multiple systems with the same sip supplier, when I change the supplier of the sip the fault no longer occurs, sort of stuck in the middle of nec and sip supplier.

some of the systems are on its own network others on a shared network with firewall etc. Just nothing obvious to me.

Every system is using static wan address.

Pain in the arse but was checking to see if anyone had similar issues.

Something is hitting the system that is upsetting it.

You'll need to setup a long term wireshark to capture what it is.

I've crashed NEC systems with different network attacks, I've also crashed NEC systems with passive network tests.

Setup a packet capture, make sure your not using the ethernet port at the same time as the VoIP port and you'll get your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back