Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 CPU card failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierRob

Technical User
Jun 1, 2017
GB
HI everyone, i've got an issue which appears to have stumped everyone!

I have 3 new SV9100 systems in my office waiting for deployment - they will be netlinked. So, here goes.......

i had all 3 working fine with a 'dummy' config, all netlinked, all upgraded to v6.00.67 software, all ok. Then, i carried out a factory reset in order to pump in the customers current config (they have SV8100 currently) and everything broke! The cards all froze, nothing came back up. I carried out another reset and one of three cards worked fine, allowing me access via Pcpro etc etc. The remaining two cards still wont work, the precise details are as follows:

when i boot the system up, card initialises and i can ping the default ethernet IP address (192.168.0.10), however, if i try and connect via PCpro it takes an age to connect (should be less than a second) then freezes during the config download on 55 of 101 every time - this happen on both cards! i have tried to downgrade to v5.00.50 and this works for a time, but doesnt recognise any cards you add to the chassis. upgrading back to v6.00.60 and v6.00.67 either by usb or mdu file just breaks it again. i have also removed the IPLE card from both CPU cards without any success to the above.

any idea's anyone????

Perform a factory default, then test at default. Your program upload may not be fully compatible with the 9100, or may be corrupt. You can then try keying in your database.

i've done that already, see my post above. i have tried uploading v6 software from various sources. one more thing to add to the above, if i connect and try to upload a config, this also freezes halfway through. i have this logged with NEC tech support but they also are stumped i think!

by the way when you say 'factory default' do you mean take it all the way back to v2?

No, power off, hold down the reset button, power up, wait ~10 seconds then release the reset button. This will return the system to default out of the box resident program. This eliminates all program changes and possible corruptions.

unfortunately it was that very process that got me into this predicament in the first place :( i've lost count of the amount of times i've carried this out in the past week! any other idea's?

Did you remove all cards (except the CPU of course) when you did the factory default?

PFD45....i cant recall that i did.....hmm i'm back in the office monday so will give it a try

On a new install I like to turn up the CPU then insert the cards and let them come on line one at a time.

i couldn't see exactly what they did, but the issue was caused by defaulting the PBX whilst still in netlink mode - something that shouldn't be done. prior to connecting via netlink you should carry out a config backup using command 90-57 from a handset - this stores a copy to the individual PBX's CPU. if you wish to 'default' the machine at a later date use command 90-58 to install the database from that time - you can store up to 5 back-ups i believe all stored under the date the backup was saved. Essentially, by factory defaulting the SV9100's i corrupted the SD and CPU cards which needed resetting - havent a clue how they did it, but it was done within the debug terminal. Lesson learned!

Good information to know! Something that is definitely not in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back