Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 Analog Extensions Restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirzapur

Programmer
Feb 26, 2014
SA
Dear Sir,
we have installed NEC SV9100 PBX now we are facing issue like All the Analog Extensions Restarting, we have checked all the cable connections, power supply and system Initialized and reprogrammed but still the same issue, unable to trace the complaint.please suggest me
is there any option to trace this issue

System Configured
32 IP extension
32 Digital Extension
128 Analog extension
72 Analog trunk
1 PRI 30 Chnl

Is the system rebooting? I have never heard of analog stations rebooting. If so, unplug all analog cards except 1 and test.

If all the analog station cards are on an expansion cabinet, make sure the power is secure and reliable.

sir,
its not system restarting, the analog phone sometime while pressing speaker there is no dial tone, we have replaced many phones( NEC Baseline Pro.

after changing the handset also same issue. two days OR three days one time we are facing this complaint. while lifting the Handset no dial tone coming but voltage is there.

The 9100 will cut power on digital or analog circuits if there is some sort of wiring fault, i.e if you short out a phone line it will shut down that port (which runs 4 phones) or if you connect an analog direct into another analog (like plugging a power point into a power point).

The only way to get the ports back online is to reset the system, but if the wiring fault isn't resolved it will just shutdown the ports again. If you are NEC trained you can use PC Pro to look at the alarms and it will let you know its shut the card down.

You might just want to get a contractor out to take a look and see if somethings plugged in some place it shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back