Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 - Phone display always disappearing 1

Kasim521

Systems Engineer
Jun 23, 2024
AE
Hi,

For the past week, users in my company have been experiencing an issue where their phone displays disappear. If I disconnect and then reconnect the cable, the display reappears, but the problem occurs again after a while.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Phone model: DLT-12D-1P DT300 series

Did you change the phone? There might be a hardware issue. Try opening the phone and reconnecting the LCD cable.

Hi,

I have changed one user phone, but after some days that new phone which I gave to him that same problem occurred anything wrong in the pbx or his wall port?

Do you have any DT300 with 6 keys or a DT400 available? Alternatively, could you test with a working phone to determine if the issue is with the port or the phone itself?
The DT300 is an old model that was also manufactured 10 years ago. I experienced the same issue and need to replace it until a more reliable phone is available.

I have a bunch of DT700 phones, which is the IP version of the DT300. I bought those in like 2009. And yes, I have the screen issue. Not a whole lot, but definitely one of the main reason of failure of the phone.

Action 1: unplug and reconnect the phone.

Action 2: As suggested earlier, remove the screen (unscrew and disconnect it from the phone) and re-install.

Action 3: Take the display of another (otherwise broken or unneeded phone) and install it on the one you want to use

Action 4: Replace the phone.

Now all these apply to the DT700 (ITL-6DE) phones. So the DT300 may have some other way of frying their screen, I don't know. But for DT700 I do the above

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back