Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 multiple blank station display screens HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drrich1101

Technical User
Oct 29, 2023
US
There are 12 DT300 phones that get their power from the main pbx. Recently a few of the phones lost display but still work perfectly. The system phones are connected through a CD-16DLCA interface card, and when I unplug one of the rj45 connectors (decreasing power load) the phones with no display then illuminate and are again fine. After re-plugging in the fourth rj45, all phones stay working and randomly over time, those displays will then go out again. I changed the coin battery, but that didn’t help. Any ideas? It seems like a power issue- for some reason the system is not supplying enough power for all 12 phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

While the phone screens are blank pull out one of the cards in the system. If the phones with a blank display come back on without unplugging them then the issue is indeed a power supply. Alternately I would say the issue is the power supply. They do go bad and I have seen this type of behavior on the old 2000 IPS with a weak power supply.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Thank you. I’ll give it a try. I wonder where the power supply is……I guess the main chassis. If I swap that out and install the blades I currently have any idea whether I would need to reprogram anything? Sorry for so many questions.

I have had phone displays go bad as well over time. Some you could reboot but over time they went blank again. Swapped out the phones and everything was fine. Brought back the bad phones to the shop and let them run and they went blank over time with no load on the blade...

Make sure that the electrical outlet that the Nec pbx is alone on the 15Amp power line.

No other equipment such as microwave, fridge, compressor etc in same electric wired.
The DT300 digital phones required a pair of wires, does not put daisy chains cables on the phones. One pairs cable by phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back