Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 message in stead of busy tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolibrie

Technical User
Apr 14, 2020
NL
When all (isdn) trunks are occupied the caller hears the message "this number is currently not available" in stead of the busy tone. Is this a telco issue? Any suggentions how to solve this?

Sounds like a telco issue to me. Who is the provider?

My first question would be, are the telco supplying more channels than you have programmed on the system?

Telco,Vodafone is providing 4 channels. I am not sure how many are programmed on the system. Where can I look it up?

With the 8100 it would first depend on the card in the system but I was thinking more of the possibility that Vodaphone's exchange thinks there are more circuits than the system does but you could just check the number of trunks shown in MB 14-01. With 4 trunks you should only have 2 NTUs (the small grey boxes) if there is a third, that could be the issue. Also how are the trunks delivered? I'm assuming you are in OZ due to the Vodaphone provider. Have you gone over to the NBN yet if so?

The system is equipped with a CD-2BRIA board. MB 14-01 counts 38 trunks. How can I determine which of them are configured? No NTU's involved. I think Telco delivers through voip and converts it to isdn via a OneAccess IAD box.

With just the one 2BRIA you should only have 4 trunks. I suspect though it is due to the OneAccess NTU Do you have access to the unit or the portal in order to check how many trunks are set up on it? I personally haven't worked on the Vodaphone version of this solution, I mostly work on Telstra's version.

The OneAccess NTU is managed by telco. I don't have access to it. How can I access which of the trunks are configured?

Got me there, with the Telstra OneAccess NTUs you get access to the NTU via a webpage that you can have access to and access to a web portal that you can get into to configure all kinds of things yourself (like business continuity for example) You would need to talk to Vodaphone about how it is configured if you don't have the same level of access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back