Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 IP phones can't talk to digital phones through the Netlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

madwizard57

Vendor
Apr 3, 2020
US
I am at a loss, so hopefully someone with more knowledge on this system can point me in the right direction. I have a customer that is moving to IP phones to work remotely at the moment and while they can make calls and receive calls just fine, they are unable to make calls to the other offices that are connected to the main office via netlink. The netlink is running through VPN tunnels with open firewalls and nothing blocking it. Digital to digital calls work fine. IP phone to IP phone work wonderfully. Digital to voicemail work beautifully, it is ONLY IP to the digital phones that are running on the remote offices connected via netlink. So ideas? GO!

IP to Digital calls use the VoIP db and related licensing. Do you have the VoIP db on all systems, and enough licenses? And, id the IP address in 84-26 on the same subnet?

yes all systems have the main system as the gateway and just to make sure it was not the license I have enabled demo licensing system wide. Phone system is on 192.168.1.8 and the gateway is on 192.168.1.10. 84-26 system 1-3 is all set for 192.168.1.10 with the same port and all other IP addressing is 0.0.0.0

What happens on the call attempt? Ringing, dead air, error tone? LCD show anything? Are all systems at the same software version?

With a call attempt the call connects with one site and then just no audio at all on the other site it will ring through and then hang up as soon as answered. They are all the same version.

10-58 has network settings in it, but looks like the previous installer only put in the external sites two sites. I will change it to the main site and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you.

Okay same thing. One location rings through, once answered will just hang up on me the other yes no RTP traffic outside of IP phone to the phone system. I have been able to track it there, but once it hits the phone IP gateway nothing comes out back to the phone and I see nothing go to the digital phone, granted there is plenty of traffic in the netlink tunnel.

Here is one of those things if your routers are not all meshed properly there can be loads of issues. To the fact you MIGHT have to turn peer-to-peer off. That is under IP-Extension setting under extensions.

CoralTech you said, "netlink switches" I am assuming you mean on 84-26 when you move between chassis? Those are set all to the same IP gateway. I will look at the peer-to-peer as I assumed those would only be for IP to IP phone calls and those have not been an issue. On a side not, do you work with old school Tadiran or have you been playing with the new Aeonix? Just out of curiosity?

Thank you,

Yep, old school Tadiran tech. We still service the older IPX/Coral systems but have like zero interest in Aeonix. HUGE mistake when they nixeed the TDM/Voip hybrid systems they had IMHO. Just people making business decisions based on theory rather than practice.

Every Netlink Chassis needs 10-58 checked. IP-IP calls aren't your issue it's media gateway routing...I have found most of the time on a VPN/NAT system you have to check your settings in 10-58. All your chassis in your Netlink have to be assigned unique IP for both Sigalling and Gateway.

ie..

192.168.1.10 and 11 System 1

192.169.2.10 and 11 System 2 and so forth. They must be defined properly in all areas and pay attention to subnet.

*Note the IP's don't have to be that and can vary.

Coral system is wonderful, Aeonix is really not that bad we handle both. Aeonix is certainly getting better and better and the clustering is fantastic, works great in large companies.

I'll take your word for it. When it rolled out it was really bad. My biggest beef is that I can pretty much do what it does with open source and not pay the Tadiran premium. Bigger systems we simply deploy NEC (larger systems) which has better hardware/software/system design/ and the BIG one endpoints (phones) etc. I remember when it first rolled out Aeonix they were using Polycom phones that took (I am not making this up) 5 minutes to boot up and authenticate. Plus, as you know, trying to sell a non known name is an uphill battle. We sold a TON of Tadiran when they were branded under Sprint.

Oh I am not disagreeing with you, I love the open source, and the polycom phones did take a while to get up and running. The newer versions are working better and I would not recommend it for small companies in the least bit.

10-58

What would happen if the gateway is not 1 above the system say .8 and then .10 could that cause issues?

If IPL cards don't have an IP assigned you won't get audio from one side to the other IE TDM to IP. I gave the IP addresses as reference not law.

Still no change in the system. Calls to one location will answer and then within a certain amount of time display, "Can't send RTP Packets". Calls to the other location still simply hangup once the call is answered. Thank you.

It's all routing issues of some flavor. Best to wireshark it and be done with it. There is little in the NEC to program. 99.9% of the time it's the network not setup correctly.

CoralTech I have done a Wireshark capture in the past and it showed me the pacts coming in to the IP gateway at the main location as they should be and even voice coming from the external IP phone, but nothing else. Showed me the SIP invite to the extension for the digital phone and assigned it that IP gateway, but from what I could tell and assume everything else goes through the netlink connection to the external sites to the digital phones. Thank you,

If you don't see UDP packets flowing your voice is not connecting. Using the capture on the system won;t show you what you need to see. In a pinch use an MLC on a computer and use wireshark on that to see the fail. Are you using vlans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back