Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 Forward calls off-premise

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolibrie

Technical User
Apr 14, 2020
NL
Hi All,
Incoming calls are forwarded off-premise to our branch office via an entry in the ddi translation table. The first two incoming calls are forwarded without problems. If af third call comes in you get long silence as if it is waiting and the call eventually drops.
Any suggestions what may be the cause of this?
The are 8 isdn trunks divided into 2 trunkgroups, 4 per group. I assume one for incoming calls and one for outbound.
Many thanks!

Check you trunk groups to be sure. You might be simply running out of outbound trunks.

WOW still using BRI? Are you using ARS? You can always look regular outbound routing in the trunk section.

Yes still using legacy stuff :). Telco is converting isdn into voip and route through their platform.
No, I am not using ARS. Any other suggestions? Can it be a telco issue?
In which mb of the trunk section can I look up the regular outbound routing?

I have been in touch with telco. It seems there is too little bandwidth on our line due to which a max. of 4 trunks are available. Apparently the sv8100 keeps waiting until a trunks becomes available, that is where the long silence is coming from. How can I configure the call to get a busy tone when all trunks are occupied? Can anyone help me out with this. Many thanks for your support.

In your DID translation tables there is a max number of inbound you can set.

That solved my issue for the time being. Many thanks CoralTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back