Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 Deployment of IP Phone on Remote Site thru Lease Line / VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

satellites09

Programmer
Mar 9, 2009
PH

Hello To Every one!

i am having a problem with my IP Phone deployment on remote site thru VPN. The IP Phone is working when connected to LAN
But when deployed on remote site, it can not see the Main PABX Server IP Address, though when i tried a ping on the PABX IP ADDRESS it is ping-able. And i can also do access the pabx programming console thru web browse on that very same VPN Connection on remote site.

i am wondering why the phone does not see the Server on the other side, Am i lacking of license for this one? Could someone from you inform me on licenses prerequisites for IP Deployment on remote site? Currently i have installed / loaded the below card and licenses.

1. VOIP CARD
2. 2 IP TERMINAL BASIC License

Note:
i have already tested the work-ability of the VPN line itself, using AVAYA IP OFFICE PABX for troubleshooting on the Main office and deployed AVAYA IP Phone on the remote site, and it works.

thank you!

With a VPN, the phone should work as if it was on site. If it works on site and not over the VPN, then you need to re-visit the VPN settings and/or firewall.

Hi Belevedere,

thank you for your respond. As per IT Personnel of client, they already check their settings and firewall.
And one more thing, we set up an AVAYA PABX using the same VPN and deploy phone units on the remote site, using AVAYA it works!

AAm i lacking of license on my SV8100? do i need another license apart from IP Phone Licenses?

Thanks!

If it works on site it should work over the VPN. The set up and licensing is the same.

Hi Belevedere,

thank you for your reply, do you have a link on where can i download procedure on how to configure NEC IP Phone thru VPN?

Satellites09, You are not listening to belvedere. If it works on site, you have the licences and have set it up correctly. The problem is with the VPN set up so you need to speak to the IT personnel. The fact that the Avaya works means nothing, it may use ports that are open whereas the NEC ports are closed. This is something you shouldn't need to deal with, it is the IT peoples problem, not yours, hand them the phone and tell them to sort out the VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back