Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 DDI to Department Group Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendelspanswick

Programmer
Jul 1, 2010
GB
Hi,
We have a problem with DDI routing to a Department Group which occurred recently, user complained that no calls were coming through on the DDI, I tried talking her through various things and in the end to temporarily resolve the matter I dialed in and pointed the DDI direct to her extension.
I made a site visit and it's got me stumped...
2 extensions (715 which is a DT330 and 551 which is a POTS phone) are in Department Group index 005 which has a pilot number of 401, ring 401 and both extensions ring so they are both logged in.
If I change DDI Routing Target 1 to 401 and dial the DDI I get the engaged tone.
I've cancelled DG Transfer, DG DND and DG Delayed Transfer.
I've cleared all the relevant programming and remade it up using different DG index and pilot but still no joy.
I've done a Blade Reset on upload but nothing seems to resolve it and I'm stumped.
As a temporary measure I've pointed the DDI at 715 in Target 1 then created a IRG as Target 2 which contains both 715 and 551, Target 1 overflows to Target 2 on Busy/No Answer.
Software was updated to latest version 9.66 about 3 months ago.

Have you tried turning it off then on again!

If the phones are set to call fwd, then they do not get DG calls. I suggest sending the DDI to a virtual extension and place that VE on a button on both phones. Set them to ring. Point the DDI to the VE extension. You have the option to do a CF NA on that VE to a VM box.

I've checked for forwards and none are set, I've also used the Common Cancel code on both phones.
Unfortunately one of the phones is a POT phone so I cannot use a button with a Virtual Extension on it.

Have you tried turning it off then on again!

Send it to the virtual, then set the virtual to call forward both ring to the SLT in 24-09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back