Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 Config help

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thright

Systems Engineer
Mar 15, 2024
US
So we need a PBX with an AA for testing. We have an NEC Aspire that we have had for years and works fine for CO lines and PRI calling, but we needed to add voicemail/AA and I ran into licensing issues and abandoned that idea (old thread).

We just picked up an NEC SV8100 that was supposedly just taken from a working environment and has voicemail and licenses. I have booted it up and the seller (a liquidator not the previous user) had software and passwords so I have PC pro installed and can get logged in.

I don't have any phones yet; I was half-hoping that the phones from the Aspire would be compatible, but no big deal, will get a couple phones on ebay later, but again the AA is the pressing need; but I think there is something I'm missing for the CO and station blades in the system. Both cards have the green status led blinking every second, which from the manual indicates 'Trouble found during self-diagnostics.', but doesn't suggest anything to troubleshoot. I need the CO card to work if I am going to get call into the AA.

In addition the software, the manuals are on the CD the seller passed on, but they are dense and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=12af704a-5da2-437d-a6fe-59f2ace6d23c&file=cd4cotb.png
Once you log in, look at the blade config. See if they are in the same locations as the program expects.

Looks like they are in the right place in the config. Could it be that the previous user wiped their data and the cards need to be reconfigured? Seems like it would auto-detect the cards though... If I do a system initialization, could I lose any licensing?

sv8100_front_mx9xr8.png

blade_config_va8nvo.png

should there be something filled out here?

blade_license2_bnm3ny.png

Yep that system is defaulted. You need to check your feature tab on main menu to see if you have vm ports. Then you need to program the system.

Feature tab", eh...? Is that the light blue part on the right on PCPro main screen? The only thing I found labelled "features" is a "feature activation" dialog...

PCPro_main_ccma7u.png

feature_act_pjixlm.png

Yep, that shows you have 2 voicemail ports and 512 assignable voicemail boxes.

OK, that is what I figured. I have the programming manual, and when I look at the system configuration it looks like the default stuff is there - 4 trunks, 8 phones and extensions are in there; I enabled InMail...
What do I need to do to get the blades to work? Both the CO card and station card just have the 1 blinking green LED.

Have you plugged a phone (Dterm) in and does it work? If not, do you see anything on the display ? Just to play safe, if you have plugged a Dterm in and it didn't work, what model Dterm did you try?

Silly question but is there an SD card in the slot on the CPU? No card, No VM!

I actually don't have any phones yet - we really just need an Auto-Attendant to answer calls for testing and I wanted to get that part working before ordering phones. Do I need to plug in a phone to get it to work? Like some programming thing that can only be done from a station as opposed to PCPro/WebPro?

memcrd_hfxmzr.png

memcrd2_jairpj.png

Ok, looks like a base 64 port processor and Inmail. You just have to add it.

47-17 PUT 65

Logout and reboot

11-02 make sure ports 65 and 66 have numbers
11-07 Dep group 64 make 700 or 600.
15-03 ports 65 and 66
-make 01 DP and 03 Special

16-02 Make ports 65 and 66 group 64 and one of them 1 and the other 2

45-01-01 assign dept group 64.

Save logout then test on a phone.

@CoralTech

"47-17 PUT 65" - sorry I don't know what you mean, am I putting 65 in one/all of these fields?

47-17_bck6p7.png

Do I need to have a phone on-hand to get the AA working?

So, I did all that and now the trunk and station blades have disappeared; is that supposed to happen?
blade_config2_qe3jpy.png

Ouch...version 2.5? You might need to default the system and instead of 65 use like 61 and 62. I mean that should be a 64 port CPU. I mean, this is rather straight forward. I remember there was some software that used to use part of that 64 port until a certain le4vel or that may have been a UX...been a few minutes.

OK, so after reset I can only select a range for 47-01-17...?

47-01_qbcsjb.png

I feel like I missed an InMail setup step that I somehow did correctly last time... All I've done so far this time, is to check this box in 'System Installation':

inmail_check_mfadio.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back