Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 - Cannot Access WebPro or PCPro - Recovery Password? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexD123

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2018
GB
Hi guys,

This is my first post here, i am from England and am the system admin for our IT & Other Tech Systems for our family business. We have an NEC SV8100 phone system, it was installed and setup by an external company, we used to have a maintenance package with them but decided to cancel it last year because they still charged for site vists on top of the subscription, the system was installed about 4 years ago.

Last month i updated the user password that they had originally given to us to be something more memorable for me; however today i tried to access via WebPro to make some changes to an extention name but i could not log in, with the error message Invalid Username / Password - obviously i have not written down the new password properly or the one i set was not set as i thought (WebPro is funny sometimes using Chrome with text fields). I phoned the external company to see if they had a record of any Administrator / Manufacturing accounts, however they have now told me that the Standard NEC Admin / Manufacturing accounts would have been removed when they set the system up, and that they removed their own Admin Accounts from the system when we cancelled the Maintenance Contract with them (which they did not inform us they would be doing), effectively leaving us with no failsafe in my current scenario.

Is there any way to recover the passwords or restore the manufacture / tech accounts? I have tried EVERY type of default account i could find on google, none seem to work. The company sent me the last backup of the system, a .pcp file, however i can't seem to open it as i cannot find V10 of PCPro anywhere online. the only option they have offered me is to re-instate the maintenance contract and get them to restore the system from the last backup (about 6 months old).

Is there anything that can be done? Conventional methods or not? Also would anyone be able to point me in the direction of PcPro V10?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

If your PCPro is older than your software version, it will not connect. PCPro has to match the software version or be newer. We always suggest installing the newer PCPRo before upgrading the system software. This way you know you will not have an issue connecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back