Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100/8300 Night Service (Voicemail) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptor

Programmer
Sep 19, 2004
GB
HI all,

I have managed to setup the Night Service so it automatically kicks in at 4:30pm and off at 8:45am daily (exception of weekends).

What I now need to be able to do is to setup our main switchboard number so that it diverts to VoiceMail.

The main reception internal extension has a mailbox associated with it and can be logged in so that messages can be retrieved. The only issues I have is I am not too sure where the programming is to set the reception to divert to voicemail on Night Service.

I have looked at various codes in the system and tested them out of hours but still no voicemail kicking in.

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction as to what areas I need to look at code for and where maybe I need to enter the divert to voicemail extension codes etc?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

If at 1st you don't succeed then I guess your i the right place to ask why! :p

The SV8100 & SV8300 are completely different systems! Which have you got?

Sorry OzzieGeorge I was under the impression that they ran the same software on both units as they use the same equipment.

The unit I know I am looking to configure is the 8100 series.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Also was wondering if it is possible to forward calls directly to voicemail for receptionm when on night service.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

Sorry 8100 isn't my speciality so I will have to defer to others here! However if the 8100 is anything like the 8300 you will have to use digit translation to take the incoming number to a different extension number and set up a mailbox for that!

The SV8100 has up to 8 modes you can set up. Usually mode 2 is used for nights. Your incoming calls can be diverted by using the night mode. The actual programming steps will vary depending on weather you have potts lines (copper trunks) or a PRI with DID addressing. Night mode can be set up as a manual operation or automatic.

Thanks for the replies both.

OzzieGeorge: I'm sorry to sound really dumb on this but could you give me a little more info I'll be happy to look at the programming codes to see if it works on the SV8100 as well :)

belevedere: Our night service is currently set to automatic and I know it kicks in at the correct times as it shows on the display as <night>. The night service is set to mode 2. I'm sure the system runs on PRI with DID so could you moaybe point me in the direction of what I need to do next to get the systems voicemail to kick in please?

Thanks
Dave

Hey there Kryptor..

Assuming you have PRI..

Have a look in program 22-10 -- what do you see there?
Have a look in program 22-13 -- what do you see there?

I'm not really sure the best way for you to reply to those questions :) There is your starting point, however.

After that, depending on what you see, you'll want to have a look at the DID translation table in program 22-11.

A call has to go to an extension which then forwards it to the voicemail. This is so that the VM knows which mailbox it is for. The 8300 can't be set to change forwarding settings according to day/night mode setting. So to get round this you create a virtual extension which is permenantly forwarded to the VM. You then use digit translation, which can be conditional on the mode of the system, to translate the number you are dealing with to the virtual in night mode. Finish off by presenting the virtual as a line appearance on the original mode to make the mailbox easily accessible!

This may be (probably is) different on the 8100!

OzzieGeorge said:
A call has to go to an extension which then forwards it to the voicemail. This is so that the VM knows which mailbox it is for. The 8300 can't be set to change forwarding settings according to day/night mode setting. So to get round this you create a virtual extension which is permenantly forwarded to the VM. You then use digit translation, which can be conditional on the mode of the system, to translate the number you are dealing with to the virtual in night mode. Finish off by presenting the virtual as a line appearance on the original mode to make the mailbox easily accessible!

This may be (probably is) different on the 8100!

Definitely! Though, as a tech who just recently started working with SV8300, that's a great tip! I may soon have more questions about that -- I'll start a different thread. ;-)

Hi chiacomo, thanks for getting back to me on this one :)

The info you were telling me to look at in the 22-10/22-13 is below. The best I could think of was to use CSV formatting at least it can be copied and pasted into something like Excel to reformat if it's hard on the eyes :S

22-10:
DDI Translation Table Area,1st Area Starting Address,1st Area Ending Address,2nd Area Starting Address,2nd Area Ending Address

22-13:
Trunk Group,Mode 1,Mode 2,Mode 3,Mode 4,Mode 5,Mode 6,Mode 7,Mode 8

The 22-11 menus I have looked through and see that there are mailboxes setup like all other extensions and the Call Fwd optin is set to 'No Transfer'.

This is because during opening hours we wish for the phone to ring and not be diverted to VM (VM use will be out of hours only).

Any further help greatly appreciated :)
Dave

Just a note.

the last sentence of my last post which reads...

Finish off by presenting the virtual as a line appearance on the original mode to make the mailbox easily accessible!

Should read...

Finish off by presenting the virtual as a line appearance on the original station to make the mailbox easily accessible!

Thanks for coming back with an answer and a link I'm going to take a look at the files on there and keep the site hidden in my favourites for future use :)

I'll then later on attempt the test of the setup and see if I can get it working - if not I'm sorry I may be back (feel a bit like Arnie saying that).

But hopefully all should work from the help you've given!!

Thanks
Dave

Great link belevedere! Didn't know about that one.

Let us know how it works out kryptor. I'm willing to walk through your config if necessary.

Thanks chiacomo. As I said I feel like Arnie and I'm back already.

I will be honest I am no expert with programming telephone systems and am a little confused with some of the terminology but am getting around as and where I need to anyway.

I have followed the instructions on the cheat sheet that belvedere kindly shared with us but am a little lost.

The company that installed our system around 2.5 years ago carried forward our previous extensions and details from our old system ie: Ext 4000 is reception, 4001 Office 1 etc. So when I view the MB 22-11 options I can see there are already DDI translations setup and active on tables 1 through 52 that correspond to the extension we use and then tables 53 -> 100 (inclusive) are programmed with 3 digit extensions which we do not use.

As there are already DDI translations in use on tables do I assume I need to adjust the starting and ending addresses in program 22-10 to suit what we have or do I need to look at changing a bit more than this?

I seem to have hit my head on the wall so many times with this bit that I'm loosing the plot quite quickly now :S

ANY help as always greatly appreciated :) :)

Dave

So your 22-10 looks something like this????
JRxhXqM.png

And your 22-13 looks something like this???
yRUzvL0.png

Next questions:
What kind of voicemail are you using? It could be an Inmail or UM or something else?
Do you currently use a "night mode" for anything?

Hi chiacomo,

Yes you were right that was what the 22-10/13 looked like.

I waited until late yesterday evening to login and adjust settings again and I think I now finally have it running so our main incoming line directs to voicemail. The only test I have left is that when Night service switches over does it still transfer to VM?

But to answer the question with regards to VM we have the InMail option and no Night Service is not set to perform anything else. Although this does lead me on to another question as long as my night service does as I expect this morning. Is it possible when on night service mode to transfer a call immediately to VM for all lines that have access to mailboxes? At present our system rings for about 6tones and then directs, ideally our VM on reception will be set to an Out Of Office message and then the caller can leave a message after that.

I hope that makes sense?

Once again thanks for the help so far it's definately appreciated [thumbsup2]
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back