Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV7000? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidshq

MIS
Jan 3, 2011
US
I've been handed off responsibility for managing our PBX. I believe it was originally an NEC 2400 IPX, then it was upgraded with an SV7000. As I understand it - we still have the cages from the 2400 IPX, but the actual brains are now in the SV7000.
I have a few questions on this matter:
1. Is there management software for the SV7000 besides the NEC MAT?
2. Is there documentation for the SV7000 somewhere?
3. Is it true that the SV7000 and SV8000 are exact same models - just with different names?
Any help with any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave.

The 2400 IPX was not upgradable to the SV7000. If this was done in the past year, then you must have an SV-8500. The management software is the PCPro program. If you have the software installation DVD, then the maintenance software is on it. Look under the Windows apps. The generic software is a Lynx folder. If you boot your PC with the DVD loaded, it will boot up the Lynx file. Load all of the windows apps starting with PCPro. The order of the rest does not matter. PCPro Tolls is used to get a back up of your database and licensine files off of the CF in the CPU's, so it is also necessary.
The DVD also has documentation on it.
There is no SV8000 system. The SV8100/8300/8500 series are three different systems. The UM8000 is a VM blade for the 8100/8300 systems.

Thanks for your feedback. Hmmm...I'm very confused then. The 2400 IPX was upgraded several years ago...and the units are small blue 1U units that hook into the 2400 IPX and are labeled "SV7000"....
Dave.

You have one of the few 2400 IPX systems with the SV-7000 processors. Not too many were sold. You can use the 2400 MAT software, but there may still be programs on a DVD that came with the SV-7000 system. The PCPro program is a better choice, but it is not a free download. A copy comes with an SV-8500 upgrade.

Thanks! That is extremely helpful (though I'm not particularly happy to be *one of a few* with this particular system config.). One more question - is PCPro a successor to MA 4000 or is it part of that package?
Dave.

PcPro is a successor to the mat program. MA4000 is a much more expensive option!

Thanks! That is extremely helpful! I've seen a few articles about the MA 4000 and I did notice it can manage multiple PBX'es through a single interface...is this the main feature difference between PCPro and MA 4000 or are there other features MA 4000 has that PCPro doesn't?
We only have a single PBX unit, so being able to control multiple units from a single interface isn't important....
Dave.

MA4000 is more of a GUI but you still need to be trained how to use it correctly. It's buggest drawback is the way it is licensed and what you have to pay for that licensing. If you are used to programming with MAT then I would go for PC Pro because you would be using instead of losing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back