Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL2100 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk Patel

Technical User
Aug 11, 2021
IN
Hello!

#1 When I connect the Tata service provider SIP trunk to the NEC SL2100 system, the service provider accepts the registration and replies 200 OK message in the data in Wireshark.
However, Debug TOOL states that the SIP trunk is not registered
All the lines get a busy message when I try to call

#2 incoming call is alwase working.

#3 i connect SIP trunk in softphone, i able to do both incoming and out going call

Please suggest

Make sure sip alg is disabled in the router

Hello!
@Don W
thanks for reply
yes SIP ALG in router was already off

Hello
I had a similar problem a few days ago. I forgot to add the gateway address. Check your gateway

Hello
@jackcmann

thanks for replay

already gateway ip added ,

Your sip trunks are not actually registering by the sound of it. do you get the double registration attempt (1st denied and second OK)? Can you post a trace?

Hello
@Ozziegeorge
thanks for support
as per our our conversation
i attached SL2100 system programming and pcap wire shark backup with different programming
case 1 @1 first programming is 10:29:05 is manual, in this programming i am not able to do outgoing call and all line busy message is comming, this programing pcaf file showen ragistration othentication receved 200 ok ,

case 2 @2 when i change in program 10:29:05 Manual to None , system can start outgoing calls , but outgoing call automatically stop after some time.

in both cases incoming call working perfectly.

please check and suggest what's wrong in this program

thanks in advance to all

Either my home laptop has an older version of PcPro or the US database is not compatible with an OZ PcPro. I will check at work tomorrow. You are correct, the system appears to be registering (two attempts to register, the first unauthorised and the second OK) so that raises the question, is your system licensed. Try turning on the Demo license to check if it hasn't already been exhausted. Otherwise check the feacture activation on your system. Also is it possible that the system isn't programmed to use these trunks? program a line key on one of the phones for a sip trunk, select the trunk and see if you get dial tone then try dialling a number (you won't need the access code if you select a line with the key), What happens?

Just for reference if you set the registration to manual, contrary to what you would expect, it means the system will automatically try to register whereas setting it to none means it won't try to register at all! That is why, when set to none, it will accept the number before doing anything. Thing is having dialled your number, it will try to send and the provider will reject as you aren't registered.

Just one more point, inbound, the NEC is very "promicuous" it will accept virtually anything which is why you get the incoming calls working even though there is an outgoing issue!

Nope, downloaded the latest PcPro this morning and it is saying the databases you posted are corrupt, so I can't look at them. It may be a difference between AU and US PcPro versions.

Hello
thanks for replay

@1 yes my system have demo license.
@2 yes same system with same firmware working fine in other customer
@3 yes i am geting dial tone when system in NONE mode , but in manual mode i not get dial tone only all line are busy message coming
@4 yes this is asian market database so it will not open in US pcpro ,
i atteched here Asian PC PRO for your requirement ,
@5as per service provider conversation our system send private ip address but they need customer IP address from provided by service provider for registration

1 Have you tried turning on the demo license?
2 Is the other customer using the same Sip provider?
3 When set to NONE the system is supplying dial tone but the call is being rejected by the provider as it goes out post dialing.
4 I'm actually in Australia and the software won't let me load it on the same machine as the Australian Version. I will try to find a spare PC.
5 That's just the wireshark trace showing it on your network.

If the other system is working with the same provider, take a backup and do a verify in PcPro as that should show you all the areas that are set differently. have you tried changing 10-29-14 as this modifies the sip header and you may just get lucky.

For more info try posting here.....

Just a quick thought, some Sip providers will reject the call based on an incorrect CLID so make sure you have the outbound caller ID set correctly, Some providers even expect the full E164 number!

hello

yes caller id send same as par requirment from service provider .

hi
OzzieGeorge

1 Have you tried turning on the demo license? yes
2 Is the other customer using the same Sip provider? yes

3 If the other system is working with the same provider, take a backup and do a verify in PcPro as that should show you all the areas that are set differently. have you tried changing 10-29-14 as this modifies the sip header and you may just get lucky. yes verify also change 10-29-14 Carrier b,k,h,f, but not a positive result.

hello

now if i provide SIP registration id in program 15:16 then dial tone coming in Manual mode but still outgoing call can not to do .

any invite request for outgoing call not appear in wireshark pcap file .

Did you try a verify against the database of the working system?

Verify_ns4npi.png

This will highlight the differences in programming between the two and from that it should be possible to work out what is wrong!

yes verifyed but if i program as per other customer database it is not work my problem can not resolved

Have you tried a trace on the other system and compared it to a trace from this system? If the programming is the same, then you could be looking at external reasons such as Sip ALG or firewall issues possibly even a provider issue.

Check with SIP provider if there is a way to whitelist your WAN IP. Some providers will only accept outgoing calls from specific "allowed" IP addresses for additional security. Even though the system registered, outgoing calls not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back