Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL2100 when I try to access mail remotely it forwards to 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

It wire techs

Vendor
Dec 5, 2017
US
Have an NEC SL2100 latest firmware version. When I try to get massages remotely it forwards to the operator extension.

This is my setup. Have 6 lines DIL to first ring group. Manual night mode, virtual extension 250. Was announcement message 2. I changed it to routing mbx 2 with dial action table 2. Programmed dial action table 2 just like 1 with xxx and xxxx then the # is logon IXXX, 0 is 101. and 8 rec 1.

I made virtual extension 257 mbx 125 forward all ring and busy to 3999, Made a mailbox button on 107 to 257 so I could set up the mbx, recorded greeting and set pass code 1234 (yea not secure but just for test).

I call my cell from 101, transfer to 250, get night greeting, with cell I dial #257 and it forwards to 101 instead of asking for pass code.

I would bounce a couple things off of you but probably best to just get down to business and not look any dumber

Any one have the programming steps to fix my delima? would really appreciate some help

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

Because the system knows the call is coming from 101. What situation are you trying to fix? What situation would you be doing this in real world? Have you tried calling in from outside and hitting #257?

Client is a executive suite. Have a client who has virtual mailbox and will call in to retrieve messages. There's no AA during the day so operator transfers to the night AA.

either way # 257 gets routed to operator

I figured it out but its not right, even if it works.

Operator can transfer to AA virt extension 250, then the caller can do # 3999, bionic betty asks for the mailbox so caller does # plus extension, then she asks for password.

you shouldn't have to # 3999 first but, what the FU**, Ill take it the way I can get it.

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back