Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL2100, I need to program a button that forwards the main number to my mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

eartel

Vendor
Mar 10, 2003
US
When I go to lunch, I need a button to call forward the main number to my mailbox

Program a "Night mode" button and change the call routing for that mode to direct the calls to voicemail.

If the system is programmed so that calls come direct to your handset, not a ring group, you can do this easily by from your handset dial 751, push a key you want to program, 10, your voicemail pilot ID. And assuming the rest of the programming in the system is correct, and you have a voicemail setup on your extension, this will work.

Alternately, you can program the system to do as conxtel has advised, and create a mode to program a night mode.

12-07 - Set Name of Mode
22-02 - Set trunks to a mode for their type (DIL for PSTN/POTS, DID for SIP/BRI/PRI)
22-07 - Set Destination for your voicemail (virtual extension recommended, 11-03 to create, 24-09 to forward to voicemail pilot)
22-10 - Set tables for your DIDs for SIP/BRI/PRI
22-13 - Set Mode to Table as above per trunk group
22-11 - Go to table for your 'Night' mode, change Target 1 destination to your Voicemail (virtual extension recommended, 11-03 to create, 24-09 to forward to voicemail pilot)

Other points you may be interested in

47-02 - Make sure mailbox is setup
11-07 - Voicemail Pilot is normally your last Dept Group Pilot.

Daniel RO, The calls are going to a ring group, they have a night AA greeting that goes from 6pm to 9am the next day. They are looking for a night button during the day when they leave for lunch or to do errands,

OK, in 12-07 setup a third mode, rest of the programming above is still relevant for this, just in a third mode instead of the 2nd. When setting up buttons, you can setup a key that only switches mode 3 on, then their normal day/night switch will switch it back to day. If their lunch is the same time every day, and their day night is automated, you can also include this mode into the automated switching in 12-02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back