Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL2100 Analog trunk doesn't disconnect after the automated attendant answers the call 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

testman1

Vendor
Oct 7, 2007
US
NEC SL2100
Analog trunk doesn't disconnect after the automated attendant answers, and the incoming caller disconnects/abandons the call.
The trunk also doesn't disconnect after the incoming caller is transferred to a voice mailbox and leaves a message and hangs up.

Was the trunk conditioning test run? 90-68?
Is telco providing a disconnect signal? If so, what is the timing set for?
You could try adjusting 81-01-03 timing. System reset is required afterward.

I would hazard a guess that you are in Australia because we are having troubles with that problem due to the roll out of the National Broadband Network. There are three possibilities, one: Cmd 14-02-18 isn't set, two: the lines are clearing to congestion tone instead of busy tone or three: both 1 & 2.

We have the problem here because a lot of lines are being provided by IADs (ATAs) and they are incorrectly being set up for congestion tone.

Oh if you are in Oz and need the correct settings for the IADs let me know.

g'day mate. Respectfully, I'm from the USA, but I do have friends in Yackandandah, VIC.

I am new to the NEC SL2100. I have the system in a test environment. When I connect the SL2100 with the automated attendant to a regular POTS line, the system disconnects fine. If I connect the SL2100 with the automated attendant to a test extension of an Avaya IP Office system, it doesn't disconnect. Avaya IP Office extensions have positive disconnect. I use them for testing all of the time.
The interesting thing is, if I turn off the SL2100 automated attendant, and just have the SL2100 connected to the Avaya IP Office extension and have it answer calls, or if incoming calls are abandoned, the SL2100 disconnects fine.

I tried 81-01-03. The default is 61. I tried higher and lower settings, but it didn't work.
I tried 81-01-22. The default is 40. I tried higher and lower settings, but it didn't work.
There are a lot of 81-01 settings. I'm sure it is in there somewhere.
And, yes, I tried 14-02-18.

I think it is a timing or tone issue, but I don't know what SL2100 setting to change.

In the real world, it is unlikely that I will have a NEC SL2100 behind an Avaya IP Office system, but solving this problem may come in handy for some other type of disconnect problem.

The reason it disconnects fine on PSTN but not on the Avaya is that in a connected call, the NEC listens for Busy tone and when it detects it, it disconnects the line. If the Avaya uses congestion tone or anything other than the right tone, it will not hang up. Put a buttinski across the line in monitor mode and listen to the disconnect on the PSTN and then compare it to the Avaya, you will see what I mean.

I spoke to my NEC SL2100 distributor, and he says that the only way that this will work, is if on trunk disconnect, it provides an open. I'm not sure I totally agree, but it isn't worth pursuing because hopefully, it will only happen if the SL2100 is behind a PBX system.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back