Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Ready 340T Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandyH

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
US
I just reformated the harddrive on my NEC Ready 340T Notebook and installed a fresh copy of Windows 98. (the computer came with 95) and now all I have is 16 colors and a small screen. I cannot get the screen up to its normal size of filling the notebook screen and the colors wont go to 16bit or even 254 colors (they are not on the drop down list) I would appreciate if anyone could help me figure out so I could have a screen a little bigger than 5"x5"
happy.gif
Thank you,
Sandy

I don't own a notebook and don't know how helpful this will be, BUT, I know whenever I upgraded from win95 to win98, or even win3.11 to win95 it always does this and I have to go into the advanced options (in the display/settings tab) and reinstall my monitor. It sucks, I know. This could be a big problem for you, but I haven't a clue. So sorry if this was just a waste of time.

I have tried to reinstall my monitor and it still didn't work. Thanks for trying though

I would guess that the correct video drivers are not being used.

Here is a link to the NEC Ready products support page and downloads. I think your video adapter is the NeoMagic 128.

You can either search all the downloads or choose to search based upon the serial # of your computer...this may be easier.

Thanks so much. That did the trick!
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back