Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2004
US
I have and old Pro 1 system that I connected an ADA (2) underneath the Phone.The phone is told to ring in programming but the ADA does not ring the analog set connected to it.It does let me draw dial tone,but will won't ring.Thanks for the help.

As I recall, the ADA did not supply ring voltage.

A similar add on board, the APR-U did supply ring voltage but also used an AC adapter.

If there is no provision for an AC adapter on your ADA then you're not going to get ring voltage. 90v AC cannot be sent down the same pair that a Dterm uses.

I'm curious about the system. I've never heard of an NEC Pro 1.
There is an Electra Professional sometimes referred to as an EPro?
Also, do you know the model of the phone?
Here's some info on connecting an ADA-2R to a Dterm Series I.

The following switch settings are used when connecting a ADA-2R to a Dterm Series I:

DSW1 : 1,2,7,8 = OFF 3,4,5,6 = ON
DSW2 : 1,2,3 = OFF 4 = ON
SW1 : 2
SW2 : 1
SW3 : 2

The EPro I was released along with the EPro-II. It was a smaller system contained in a plastic wall mounted cabinet. Expansion cards mounted on the mother board. It did not have card slots. You are correct about the two different ADA units. The one that provided ringing needed an external PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back