Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nec/Nitsuko 384i Phone System programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar22

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2011
US
Hi, I am trying to setup voice announcement in our system (Nitsuko 384i), I found a manual named "Nitsuko i-Series Multibutton Telephone Feature Handbook"

It explains how to do it as:
- Page 16 - Automated Attendant (VAU)
- To record, listen to or erase an Automated Attendant greeting: Call[] + 116 + (7 to record) (5 to listen) (3 to erase)

The problem is that our property have configured 250 extensions for hotel rooms, and when I try to use a programming feature like 116, etc my programming phone dials to the room 116 instead to enter the programming code... any ideas or recommendations how to address this will be really appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Your installer may have had to change the codes to accommodate the room numbers. You need to contact them for the new codes.

Wow, my understanding is that this system was installed decades ago, we have new property owners, new administrators... impossible to get in contact with the installers.

Is there a way to dump or to see the current system configuration ?

Or any other way to use like an "programmers extension" maybe ?

Thanks in advance,

Aldo

Do you know if your system has a VAU module? You can view the system numbering plan through a display telephone logged in to system programming. The computer based programming was command line, connected to serial port, very klunky. Have you looked for ancient NEC techs in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back