Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nec NEAX2000 IVS2 and Dterm series E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unitas99007

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
Ok so here is the deal, running a NEC NEAX2000 IVS2 wih Dterm series E phones. We currently have internal paging set to comethrough the speakerphone portion, as long as the phone is not in use. We just moved four guys into one office, and everytime a page comes through, their four phones blast them out. So I need a way to mute them, just for the paging part. they still need to be able to do phone-to-phone intercom. Any ides? I looked at the manual, but I just started all this stuff 3 months ago.

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2

take them out of the paging groups. Command 5600-5607>00-15. Just delete those extensions if you dont want them to be in the paging groups.

Henke

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

I'm not sure I want to do that. I like to do things the most simple and obvious, that way anyone coming behind me can figure it out. I.E., I leave in a year, the extension gets reassigned in a year and a half, and the person who replaced me can't figure out why the paging doesnt work on only that extension. Is there an option you can set on the phone itself? I know if you press "feature + 1" then the mic is turned off. Is there any function on the phone that turns speaker off for paging, but not phone-to-phone intercom? (I know it has to be done some way because 1 or 2 executives have this as well).

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2

Their is no other way that I know of. Just leave a record of programing changes for your replacement.

Ok so I think I'm stuck. I can use the 5600 command and use serial numbers 01-03 to get extension numbers. but how do I scroll through what phones are in the paging group and how do I delete them? If you could explain all the details of this command a little further I would be eternally grateful. thanks.

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2

the command is 56YY (YY= 00-07) for the Internal Paging Zones (Zones 0-7; 5600, 5601, 5602, 5603, 5604, 5605, 5606, 5607). Usually start from the beginning (5600) and work out from there. The first data entered in command 5600 is 00-15 for the sixteen avaibable paging slots (5600>XX). Just start at 00; data enter and then step all the way to 15. The second data displayed is the extension assigned to that paging slot or will display a NONE is nothing is assigned. If you want to delete an extension just CCC then execute. When you have stepped through all the slots, back out to COMMAND =, and start with the next paging group (5601).

Henke

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

But if there is only 1 phone assigned per slot, wouldn't this limit the system to 128 phones being paged? (0- 7 groups, 0-15 slots each) Or am I just missing the over all concept here? Is there a way to list them all at once, like using MATWorX or something?

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2

Never mind the finer points. I used the command like you said and it got the job done. I'll sweat the small stuff when it actually becomes an issue. Thanks for the help. Us newbies need it.

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back