Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC NEAX 2400 SDS MAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy92

Technical User
Dec 9, 2021
ID
Hi, I have a NEC NEAX 2400 SDS installed at my company, the problem I had this PABX has been reset to the default settings because the battery cable of the memory card was disconnected, anybody here have the 2400 SDS MAT software for me to reconfigure this PABX again?

Thank you in advance.

Can you be more specific? 2400 ICS/IPX? What software version? DOS MAT?

Ha! the SDS is aincient a forerunner to the ICS120 follow up from the D3. The mat software doesen't really afford you much help, any terminal program will do. Hyperterminal for example. The only issue is backups and restores need the program. Ask the same question here.....

You will get help. Do you have any old backups? search for old style floppys as that was what was used. The hard part is finding a drive to use them if you do find one. I still have a usb floppy drive for this.

You may be able to use the ICS mat program but I haven't ever tried restoring a backup saved this way. There is an SDS enhanced mat too which may make things easier for you, but such commands as 08 have so many parameters it's not funny. Where are you based? I may have some floppys hanging around that would give you a head start but country differences may make mine unuseable for you if you are in America.

Belvedere .... 2400.

Hi belevedere, Thanks for reply.
very old model NEAX 2400 SDS released in 1988 using ms-dos MAT.

Hi OzzieGeorge.
Thanks for your reply.
I have no backups, i can't find any floopy disk around my office.
i have been tried my best using MOC to talk with the machine which is input hexadecimal codes.
you're right it's very unconvenient way to do this, for example if i wanna to change the station number, i have to type CM10>[LEN]>[NUMBER TO BE ASSIGN].
This make me crazy man.

The commands are hex based but don't let that get to you mostly they are decimal until you get to some of the more out there commands. what type of lines do you have and what functionality do you currently have?

There are a lot of cheats we may be able to use but it is a long time since I had to try working with this system. Saying that, I tried a year or so ago to help a guy in OZ who is setting up a museun who may also have the ability to help. Let's see how we go as the command structure has been carried forward to the more modern systems so Belvedere and others may have valuable information which is retro compatible.

Hi OzzieGeorge.

Thanks for your reply.

only few things i only now about MOC command.

assign station number CM10>[LEN]>[NUMBER TO BE ASSIGN]

specify maximum number of digit
CM200>1>803 (means for ext number with leading number 1 will be using 3 digits - 100)
CM200>1>804 (means for ext number with leading number 1 will be using 4 digits - 1000)

that's only i know.
i already tried this before, and the result is nope, i can't hear any voice when i hang up the handset.
why, because i didn't asssign the card mounted to the PIM which is i didn't know how to do it with the MOC command.

Ok so I have to be the bearer of bad tidings! if this is all you know, your chances of recovering this system to a useable state are less than 1%. Sorry if that is not what you want to hear but it is factual! I am happy to try to get you some service but that is still a long bow to draw! You still haven't indicated where you are because if I try to help, there could be country factors that are different! Back when this system was current, there wern't differences between programming tools, so the ones you should now have should be OK. feel free to get back to us if we can be of further help!

Hi OzzieGeorge.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi belevedere.

Thanks for your reply.

I already knew about it, do you have the command list of the MOC or DOS MAT for easier programming?

I cannot find any old manuals that list the list out commands. They are usually included in the individual feature programming items. Check out for free manuals on all of the older equipment. There may be something there that can help you.

Hi belevedere
Thanks for reply.

I already visit that website.
i found nothing for this type of PABX.

do you know something how to assign the cards mounted on the PIM with MOC command?

Not on that specific system. It sounds like it may be closer to the NEAX 1400. Try those documents on wedophones.

The system is the forerunner to the ICS120 and that manual will do. the SDS manuals were pre PDF so never avaliable online!

Hi belevedere & OzzieGeorge
Thanks for the advice.

I already visit Link as belevedere suggest to me, and I found NEC NEAX 1400 IMS is very similiar with NEAX 2400 SDS, from the machine & the cards itself.
I'm very happy about that, and right now all of my problems already solved, The PABX system that I configure is function properly.

Once again, I would like to say thanks a lot for all of you to help me.
God bless you all my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back