Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC NEAX 2000 Ring-all group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2003
US
Is there a way to ring all extensions in a group at the same time where the first one that picks up gets the call?

Example.

I have 800-999-9999

I have extensions:

I want 6700,6701 and 6702 to all ring at the same time when the 800 number is dialed.

Thanks in advance

btw, I'm not an NEC guru. Please provide the commands required or how to do it through MatWorx

In the IPS there is a feature called Group Call by pilot.

Mextera

It is an IPS but the Pilot type of group only rings one phone at a time. At least it appears to work that way anyway.

Per the manual for Group Call by Pilot dialing.

This feature allows a station user (Multiline Terminal / Single Line Telephone / PS) or a trunk party to page a
group of stations simultaneously by dialing a pilot number. The maximum of 32 stations can be assigned to a
paging group, and the paging group is associated with the pilot number. After one of the paged stations answers,
the paging becomes a 2 way calling between the calling party and the first answered station and automatically
stops paging other stations.

Mextera

What you have sounds like a Hunt group or a UCD group.

Mextera

Is that command 12?

Can you do a simple walk through for me....It would be greatly appreciated.

I have actually done this and tested it as working.

Feature programming manual page 347 to 349.

Cmd 11 Virtual for pilot
Cmd 1345 set to zero for virtual
Cmd 1245 all stns & virtual set group No (00-19)
Cmd 180 create group as normal
Cmd 181 assign 1 to pilot virtual
Cmd 57YY (YY=Group No) position in group (00-31 de stn No exe

Phones will actually start to ring 80ms apart to relieve the load on the ring generator. First to answer gets the call all others return to idle

Thank you very much for the help.

A pleasure. Either you work late or you are in my neck of the woods.

I live to work or is it I'm supposed to work to live....still trying to figure it out :)

Houston, TX

I remember my days on install doing the same for late cutovers. Thank god I got to move to maintenance! Now I just have late night callouts!

Good luck with the job. I may not be able to keep an eye on this but any problems I will try to keep an eye open for if I don't get sent on a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back