Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2 Integration with Cisco Unity 2.4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishusc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2006
We have an old Cisco Unity VM and an old Neax 2000 system. Recently the system was moved, everything came back up besides voicemail. While troubleshooting we re-initialized AP00 card. We have checked voicemail ports and they seem to be correct. The information that the phone system is sending via serial cable is not understood by the system. Attached is a screen shot of the Integration monitor. I need to know is the commands that I need to run on the phone system that will match Cisco unity. I believe something about SMDI 6, 7 or 8 digits. Attached image is an extension 1133 calling the voicemail pilot 3000. VM ports are 3000 to 3008. I am not sure if we messed with some settings that we shouldn't have. Is is suppose to send the data in format attached?

Thank you

Yes we did it thru matworx program. Port 0 is set for MCI. Did you click on the link to see the raw com port data?

Thanks,

Yes I did but I am unsure of the format the cisco is looking for. Just thought I would check the obvious since no one else was replying!

That said, the command for 6 or 8 digit output is (I believe) D000 de 137 de (0 =6 digits 1 = 8 digits.)

Hey Ozzie,

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure that you were able to see the attachment and thanks for responding. Is there a way to check the built in voicemail settings (ad -8) settings are not enabled or programmed to send MCI info for that module instead thru the MCI card? Meaning the system doesn't have a NEAXMAIL card in it but maybe something is messed up.

The AD8 to my understanding doesn't use MCI it uses Protims. You program Dterms on to the VM ports and set key data to suit.

I'm afraid it's the blind leading the blind here but if I can help I will!

LOL, thanks Ozzie. Do you happen to know any other solutions in regards to voicemail. I have looked around for a used AD-8 voicemail and not sure how reliable it will be considering most of them are atleast 6 to 10 years old.
Basically we have about 80 extensions on the system. Definately cannot afford a new system, what other NEC systems can I use to use the same 8 / 16 key DTERM phones.

Make sure your ports are in the correct order. You have 3000 - 3008. 3000 is probably port 1 3001 port 2 etc...if they are not in order and you are using serial integration the vm will take a long time to answer and will not ask for your secutity code if dialing the pilot from your ext and give you the Opening/Generic main greeting.

There are a number of voicemail systems out there as the NEC can provide in band signalling so you can simply connect using analog ports. However before giving up on the cisco, have you posted any queries in the cisco forum here?

Only buy an AD8 if it comes with a maintenance contract as the hard disks are getting old and the only people who can replace the hard disk are NEC (believe me I've tried)! In fact I have one in the study with a dead drive.

A couple of things I see that you want to take a look at. In your D001 commands Verify that your Station Address (SA) is set to 48, also make sure your Unit Address (UA) is set to 33. I would say that if you only defaulted the AP00 card that would be where I would start. Most base commands appear to be right and your Cisco debug window recognizes the MCI packet but the packet is not setup correctly.

I get to the point of suggesting the SA and UA from your attached packet.
<STX> <NUL><NUL>J0013003....
a normal packet should be something similar to.
<STX> 0!J0013003....

If correcting your SA and UA addresses does not help you could try working with a couple of other commands
D001> 36 > should be a 0 = no ANI or a 1 = ANI in the packet.
DOOO> 137 > 0 = a 6 digit place holder in the MCI packet, a 1 = an 8 digit place holder in the packet.

After you make a change to D000 or D001 I always suggest resetting the AP00 card by toggling its make busy switch.

If this does not help do another screen shot and upload it.

Hey Smoom,

Thanks for taking a looking at it. So as you suggested I did
CM D001, 105(SA to48) and 106 (UA to 33). I am using Port 1 on the AP00. I am doing this remotely so I just did a system reset I am guessing that does the same as making the AP00 Card MB?

I have attached a few more screen shots. It looks like the system is setting up MWI lights. In Cisco Unity i have an option of SMDI length of 7 or 10. Which one does it need to be on?

One is output from Hyper Terminal 2nd is for raw data and integration monitor

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back