Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2 and my NEAXMAIL AD-40... mailbox help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unitas99007

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
I have the two systems above and I recently took over the administration as network administrator. The NEAXMAIL box is running os/2 Warp on it and I have never used that before. I can get into the voicemail software and change a few options, but I do not know how to change a PIN for the voicemail or to just wipe a box clean and start over. Anybody care to help a techie out? Computers I do, but phones and voicemail are a whole new ball of wax.

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2

Once you get logged into the voicemail, hit Ctrl-D to go to the mailbox directory. Once there, press Ctrl-J and enter the extension number in the correct box (that pops up). You probably have a handle on that already.

To reset the passcode get to the mailbox and hit F7. You will have the option to delete the security code.

I usually would set the user's name in the boxes and set the Mailbox options to PCBF (the F is to set the tutorial to ON). From here you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back