Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC NEAX 2000 IVS - 2 exts ring simultaneously, help 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2005
US
I'm new to PBX systems. When one extension is dialed, a different extension rings as well. How do I stop it from ringing at the 2nd extension??? I have the manual but can't figure out how to execute the commands or which command controls this function. I have the NEC NEAX 2000 IVS. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I started this misunderstanding as We didn't get the same names as you did for our systems(your IVS2 = our IVS and your IVS = our 7400 ICS). Carlosmj is correct the code should be A46 not A146. If you aren't bothered about details but just want to clear the lamp, you don't need to move the display phone around just dial the code folowed by the 3 at the offending handset.

When you have got all the lights sorted out you should disable this feature by disallowing it in all your SFCs. Which if I remember rightly is CMD 1541. That way you will never have to deal with the problem again.

By the way with regards to your original post. You do know that if you wanted you can also set delayed ringing on a line appearance using CMD 9003 so that the key flashes at first then if no one has answered it after a set time it starts to ring on the line appearances. The amount of time is set in Cmd 411 de 09 de and is set in multiples of 2 seconds.

Jhenke, OzzieGeorge and Carlosmj,
All of you have been very helpful in regards to my original posting and my second posting. I'm glad to say that all is working well and I hope that we'll all be able to help one another in some way in the future. Thanks for all your help.

that(grateful)MISguy

Turn off message light up
Try #3 or #33 or #43
Hope this help

I have an IVS2 as well, and the voicemail light with no voicemail issue can also be fixed be pressing "speaker" then 6 + 3 + 3. FYI.

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back