Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC IVS 2000 Dterm switching to handset from speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeek681

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
I have a customer with an NEC IVS-2000 equipped with Dterm phones. One user on the system has a problem with her phone that while on a handsfree speaker call it will switch to handset mode without any interaction from the user. When this happens it does not disconnect the parties, she just has to pick up the handset to continue the conversation. There seems to be no known consistencies of when or why this happens. It does happen on internal and external calls as well as received and initiated calls. I have moved her to a new port, changed phones, ran a new cable and used all new termination parts. I'm not sure where to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do you know it has switched to handset and not just muting the speaker? what are the exact symptoms when this is occouring?

The visual indication is that she loses the light indication that her mic is on and on the display "Mic" is no longer there. She can still hear the other party over the speaker but they cannot hear her. Usually the only way she knows it has happened is the distant end will tell her they can no longer hear her. If she picks up the handset at that point she can continue the conversation or put it back on speaker. There seems to be no consistency on when it happens. I personally could not recreate the problem. But she states that when it happens it can be within the first few minutes or after a long period. Thanks again for any assistance.

Have you tried changing out the digital card that the phone lens is assigned too ?

When I moved her to another port it was on a completely different PIM. Thanks.

Sounds like the only thing you haven't changed is the user! Until you actually see this happen you can assume user error, you need to stand and watch what actually happens the fact that you can't reproduce the fault makes user error all the more likely.

This is a very interesting scene... You say the MIC light goes out... Does the Speaker light go out too? From what you described though, I think it stays on. So what appears to happen is that the phone goes into mute mode, ie, turns off the microphone. I'm not sure what system you have: IVS/IPS 2000 or NEAX 2400, but on my system, you can turn off the MIC by either pressing the MIC softkey under the screen, or pressing FEATURE+1.
If you changed phone, changed port (LEN), changed all the wiring, I can only think of 2 things: Processor card (try resetting the system), or user (try resetting the user:).

There is a COS option 1599 for class C (CM 12-07) which turns off the mic whenever the station is called with an intercom voice announce call. This is for paranoid management types who never hear the intercom tone and think everyone is secretly listening into their office. If this is flagged the user must then physically press the mic key or Feature 1 to bring it back on.

I have exactly the opposite problem!!! My receptionist just tell me that sometimes when she speaks on the headset, the call is mysteriously transfer to the speaker.

We are using a NEC2000IPS

Maybe we can change user for a while :)

Impossible. If you are on the speaker and it switches to the handset, and the handset is on hook, the call would disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back