Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC is announcing they are discontinuing all Premises based system 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEC has been pissing me off for a while now . when they stopped supporting the 2100 I stopped supporting them. Panasonic stopped manufacturing 2023, but at least they will still support until 2029. 2026 is a crock of SH**. Maybe they would have sold more if they didnt screw all the 2100 guys out there. Their warranty department sucks too. I had them keep a sl1100 for a month. If I didn't have a spare the customer would have been screwed.

Grandstream or Avaya but Avaya will probably bite the dust soon too. How many times have they filed BK?

Homes can always be rewired, but if the customer really doesn't want the mess use the Mitel 8 port POE over single pair set up. it works on more than just Mitel IP Phones.

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

Ok, wait. When did they stop supporting the 2100?

Possibly referring to the email only support which they reversed. It wasn't that bad in my opinion. I didn't need them too much after awhile.

It is unfortunate, but apparently inevitable.
I have a dilemma now. I was in process of switching my client with multiple locations from sl1100 to sl2100 for the purpose of SLnet and interconnect.
They have 6 locations now and planning on opening 4 more in next 2 years. I already have 6 systems purchased and licenses for 2 to be deployed this week.
I could buy couple used systems and licenses for them so they get at least 5 years out of this setup.
If I need more sip trunks, ATA devices are an option.
What licenses would you recommend buying to not run into issues?

E-metrotel is working on a solution to add NEC phones and support for their digital phones into their solution now. They have already done this with Nortel, and Panasonic, and Avaya phones. So something to keep an eye on, as this could be a valid upgrade path for a lot of existing NEC customers and partners.

just heard that in AU they are working on 2 years to fully exit from all support on voice products

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Is there any idea why big players are exiting this business?
ISDN circuit are about to die.in my country PSTN and E1 lines are phase out and no support from telco .Only SIP trunk or single sip account,GSM options are available.Technolgy is changing drastically than our expectations keep updated yourself what after SIP don't know.

@IPid10t

Suggested E-metrotel to a colleague only to find out he had prior experience with the company and didn't have a good word to say about the company. They apparently cost them two large customers and their support was sadly lacking!

As a general comment, I appreciate this forum and specifically this thread, because my colleague and I are running SV9500's and an SV9300, and maybe looking for a solution for a new property.
So despite NEC's handling we have some time to figure it out. All of the posts here have been helpful for us to get ahead of things. Thank you all.

Does anyone know if NEC IP-DECT will be supported?

If it is supported now it will be supported until March 31, 2026 provided you have their SWA purchased before Dec 31, 2024.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This is already good. And will they produce base stations and handsets or will their production also be discontinued?

No end of sale for everything will be Dec 31, 2024. You will need to anticipate needed stock for the number of years you plan on keeping the system while it is no longer supported. Then purchase that number of units before the end of this year.

The only other source will be the secondary market.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

thanks, DoubleDriveLine

To nx965
The AP500 was not developed by the NEC manufacturer, but by the Danish company RTX
So you can continue with, for example, SNOM M900.
But the systems are not officially compatible with each other. Although I managed to upload SNOM fw to AP500. and G277 handsets work.

Thank you, BrixStand! It can be very useful.

Does this include the U S

I was just told that these same dates are going to be extended to the US as well, and I have requested to get this in writing officially.

Hi BrixStand, just one additional question -> did you try to put NEC AP500 FW to Snom M900? Just wondering if it will be compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back