Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC IPK fms(2)-u30 etu voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ignatkarobkin

Technical User
Jul 22, 2006
US
Hi all. I am trying to change a number of rings before voicemail picks up. I changed timers on IPK side. However by looking on fms manual I see that Voicemail has its own timer. The way to change the timer is conect through a computer. Now is the question...Does anyone has that software for a download? I am willing to purchase it.

You should not need to adjust any timers in voicemail. you will need to know wether calls are being directed to your voicemail via CO ringing in command 4-01 or wether it was setup with DIT/ANA

I checked command 4.01. All CO ring immediate. I still dont understand why voicemail picks up after 1 ring. I checked all timers... I think. Please assist.

Are you referring to calls transferred to calls coming into the systemv via a co or calls transferred to a station through the vms.

For calls coming in via co - see 3-61
For calls coming in and being transferred via the vms, check whether the vms is releasing the call once it is transferred. You have answer supervision for the number of rings you prefer or release the call. If the vms is using answer supervision, then the timers of the phone system are not always relevant.

HI. Thanks for your reply. I am reffering to calls coming into systm via a co. 3-61 is set to 20s. Any idea?

Hi again. here it goes. 1-1-77 set to 15 sec.
4-01 changed to no ring on ports 6 through 24.
I dont have call forward of dnd on any of the phones.
Still voicemail picks up after 1 ring.
I agree with ctvi. Timers on pbx are irrelevant. I think in the original thread I asked for software. Can it help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back