Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC IPK and WebPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

irongladiator

Technical User
Dec 11, 2014
US
Hello Fellow NEC Techs,
I was curious if anyone here has done an NEC IPK and gotten WebPro to work. (Not talking about the NEC IPK II's WebPro) I'm pretty sure an SPE (Single Point of Entry) card is needed, which is simply a LAN connection for the IPK. I know I can get SAT to work over the SPE card and have done so many times. But awhile back NEC released some kind of app, that they called WebPro and it was for the IPK. I'd love to see this in action and if it was even worth it.

In case anyone was curious I've attached the app to this forum. I'll be looking on NTAC to see what else I can find on the matter.

Thanks,
-Iron

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f5620ba6-92ba-4cdf-a86a-6c61a648d411&file=electra_elite_ipk_webpro_01-00.zip
**UPDATE**
I found this, but I don't think this has anything to do with it. (See attached .PDF)

Thanks,
-Iron

**UPDATE 2**
Yeah it had NOTHING to do with it. Apparently whatever the "LAN PC Programming Device" was, it was meant for the MIF-M U10 (Not to be confused with the MIF-M U20) card.

Thanks,
-Iron

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ba140281-3a0b-43ed-b64b-3891e5527140&file=NEC_IPK_-_LAN_PC_Programming_Device.pdf
Hello all,
I just installed it, and by default it installs it to X:\Program Files (x86)\Electra Elite IPK WebPro. It looks like an app that simply runs in the background. As a service tech, I now need to get dispatched to another NEC IPK Site, with my SPE card in hand. ;-)

Unless someone here wants to give it a go and report back?

Also, I can't seem to find ANY guides on this at all, NTAC had nothing, nor the web. :-(

Thanks,
-Iron

Hi belevedere,
I'm looking for information about "WebPro on an NEC IPK" (Again, not the NEC IPK II). I'm pretty sure I need the SPE card to get it working. But am not finding any documentation on it at all.....anywhere. I installed the app last night and it seems to run in the background and can see it in my systray of items. I can right click on it and get into settings which isn't much, I can change the HTTP port it sits on, which by default looks to be 80. Enable log files and such, but that's it. I guess I have to have it running and attempt to connect to the IPK via web browser by hitting the SPE's IP address, is about the only thing I can think of. What I'm uncertain of is:
a) What Web Browser should I try to connect with. (With NEC's typically it is IE)
b) Does the IPK need to be on a certain version to support this?

Thanks,
-Iron

Hi belevedere,
Thanks for that bit of info. I received my SPE card this past weekend, I intend to factory default it and get it configured and try it out today! I'll report back with my findings.

Thanks,
-Iron

Hi All,
Well today my work had me out at an NEC Elite 192 today. The SPE Card I ordered from eBay last week came and I got it factory defaulted and got it working. I was able to connect to an NEC Elite 192 via SAT and able to pull a download and made my programming changes and did an upload! So that's done! But being what I'd like to see is WebPro on an NEC IPK system, I may have to wait till I get a service call on an IPK. But when I do go out to one (Hopefully soon) I'll test it out and let y'all know!

Also, another question. The "RJ45 to DB9 Cable" that connects from the SPE card to a VMP, VMS or FMS Voicemail card.....does anyone know where to find one? Or (Assuming the pin outs are correct) do you know if the Blue Cisco Cable will work, since it is an RJ45 to DB9 Serial cable?

Thanks,
-Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back