Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Elite 192 SAT Login Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

psully52

Technical User
Aug 25, 2003
Hi,

I've searched the posts for logging in to my box using the end-user SAT and a DB9 connector, but didn't see an answer to this question. I'm not sure if the reason I can't connect is the cable or that I am using a bad password. I have SAT v5 and am using a standard DB9 cable with a female to female adapter to connect into the card in my box from the serial port out of my laptop (a standard cable doesn't have two female ends). I'm using the standard 10bits 8d/Np/1s config, and have tried passwords of PASSWORD, password, NEC, nec, and 632. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Patrick

The default password for the SAT software is "password". However, you should be connecting to a db25 on the side of the cabinet not a db9. It sounds like you are connecting to the voice mail system. They each have their own admin program.

AHA. That helps. I'll try to connect to the box using the DB25 on the side shortly . However, to connect to the VM, what admin program do I use if not the SAT?

uick quesitons- DB25 to DB 25? or DB9 from laptop to DB25 on box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back