Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nec ElectraMail transfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephany1

Technical User
May 14, 2008
US
NEC Electra Pro II /AD-8: Calls transferred internally will go to voicemail if not answered.
However, when inbound calls are answered by the auto-attendant and the ext. is dialed, the call is transferred back to the main greeting. How is this problem solved?
A programmable solution is certainly appreciated.

Thanks!

My guess would be the transfer recall timer is shorter than the call forward no answer timer thus causing the phone system to send the call back to the transferring extension on the voice mail and therefore getting the opening greeting due to no forwarding packets being sent. Make the transfer recall timer longer than the call forward timer and the phone system will send the mailbox ID on a forwarded call and the caller will get the persons greeting.

The memory block for Transfer Recall Timer is 1-1-12, and the memory block for Call Forward No Answer Timer is 1-2-22.

Let us know if this works....

OK,
1-1-12.....DEFAULT IS 45s
1-2-22.....DEFAULT IS 8s
THE ONLY COMBINATION THAT WOULD WORK IS 1-1-12...25s, AND
1-2-22...60s BUT THATS RIGHT AT 18-20 RINGS BEFORE PICKUP.
DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANYWAY WE COULD GET THE PICKUP TO
5-7 RINGS?

THINK YOU FOR THE IMFORMATION.

You should make 1-1-12 longer than 1-2-22. I don't have a manual handy (to see each timed option) but maybe something like 45 seconds for 1-1-12 and 16 seconds for 1-2-22. Program that and test. That should get you close to where you want to be on the rings.

STILL NO DICE:
THE ONLY SETTING THAT WORK IS 1-1-12=25s AND 1-2-22=60s.

THANKS

Sounds like you have a corrupted database. Maybe time to upgrade before something else goes crazy!!

Take the VM out of the picture. Be the VM I always say.
Answer the trunk call at a station and transfer just as if you were the VM and release. Does it then go to the mailbox on a forward?
Make sure that timer classes are not set for the stations in MB 4-71.

Pave, I don't think MB 4-71 applies on an EPro II, according to my 700 series manual anyway. If you know of a software rev it will work on let me know because I have one customer that just won't give up their EPro II to upgrade and has asked about this.

Stephany do you have Co Sessions to connect to the voice mail? If so you could go in and change each mailboxes "transfer" field from "release" to "await answer" rings "5, 6, or 7". The only down side to this is the voice mail port the call is on will remain tied up (busy) during the "await answer" ring duration. Once the number of rings expires the voice mail will pull the call back and play the mailbox owners greeting. This could be a fix depending on how busy your voice mail is.

If the voicemail boxes have been set to await answer and the call forward timer is shorter than the rings to answer then you will end up at the main greeting. You need to check each voicemail box and look to see of the mailboxes are set to awiat answer already and how many rings.

THANKS GUYS:

IT TURNS OUT THAT THE CUSTOMER IS "OK" WITH JUST TRASFERING THE CALLS TO VOICEMAIL AND AFTER HOURS LETTING IT RING UNTIL VOICEMAIL ANSWERS. ( IT'S JUST WHAT THEY WANTED!)I THANK THE DATABASE IS JUST CORRUPTED ALSO.

THANKS TO ALL
STEPHANY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back