Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Electra programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEmily

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2002
US
I have an NEC Electra Elite phone system using 16 key NEC phones. I am looking for infomation on programming a button that will allow headset use on specific phones. Can anyone help?

If you have a manual, check memory block 4-12 if this does not work for you please reply.

Hello,

i am working on an electra 48 i want to be able to program a button for a headset on the phone but i dont have the manual any ideas?

Do you know how to get into programming? If so go into programming. Go into memory block 4-12 (line key 4 dial pad 12) enter in the port number of the phone you want to programm, then enter in the button number you want the headset key to appear on. Then hit line key 12, then hit transfer to save the change to memory.

No i do not know how to access the programming menu.... i have never worked on an NEC before. Help.. Thank You

From station 100 ( or whatever the first phone in your system is) dial feature hold # 0 *, this will put you into programm mode. To figure out what port number you want to use just go to the phone you want to programm and hit feature 4, this will tell you what the station number and port number are.

Telman do you have a copy of the IPK or Axis/Master MAT? I am not affiliated with NEC in any way and having a lot of trouble programming a Xen Master system.

Basically just trying to figure out how to set ring assignment and should be able to take it from there but the MAT would make things even easier.

Can you help?

Never mind people.

Found a flaw in a website... got some stuff... bought a db9-db25 adapter... there she goes.

A little help would have been appreciated but hey, then again, god helps those who help themselves.

Handset programming & MAT here i come

On a display set usually staion 10 or 11 try FEATURE HOLD # 0 * then you need to press line key 1 2 3 4 that will give you a variety of coded features to change. I hve been able to figure out most of them for simple station features.

Dave
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV

For general info on NEC Elite 48, 192 or IPK you can program from ANY phone by pressing FEARTURE # 0 * 8 9 7 4. Otherwise you have to program from a phone on port 1 or 2. This is a "back door" approach that NEC does not document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back