Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Electra Elite IPK reset IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Anderson

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2022
US
I have an NEC Electra Elite IPK with B64-20 ksu and I would like to use the WEB interface for programming. I can't find an IP address in any of the documentation and also the login info. Maybe I'm due for a little luck and the system is still using the default. Can anyone give me any information on how to clear. The system is ancient but still working ok. The system has an elitemail VMP voicemail card that I also need to get access to. Is there an app required or the KSU is the webserver and just a browser all i need to connect? I want to add a second ESIE-8-U20 station card. I did try 192.168.1.100 which the manual says is the default.

Stupid question here but what makes you think there is a web interface? You can find manuals on wedophones.com but I don't remember there being a web interface for this and can't find reference to a web interface in the available manuals!

The old IPK did not have a web interface at all. The VMP might have had a ethernet port but some of the earlier ones still ran on DOS and the ehter port was non functional. If there is a ethernet port on the CPU this is a IPK II. This programmed just like the SV8100 and nothing like the old IPK. The software was completely different.

If this is an IPK and you have the MIFM card in the first slot (tagged ISA I believe) then you can program it with a PC through the serial port.

Slot #1 has a CPU 1 (100) U10 ETU card
Slot #8 has a VMP (X) U40 ETU card with voicemail
(3) 8 port station cards and one 4 port trunk card
Sorry haven't worked on this system much yet. Had to add more phones up to the 2 station cards that were in the system and fortunately the installer had programmed all of the ports. Trying to add a 3rd station card and desperately need to update voicemail. Please excuse me for not having a background with these systems. The board in slot 8 has the serial and ethernet connector on it. I do get a link on the ethernet connection. The cpu card in slot 1 only has what looks like a SCSI connector on it.

Was hoping to use the ethernet port if possible. If I go the serial route, is there a special configuration serial cable or is it a normal serial connection? Do either of these require special software? Thanks for any and all help!!

That sounds like a very old version of IPK. You can't program the system with a PC without having the MIFM card in the second slot ISA. With that card in the slot COM port 1 on the side of the KSU is used for PC programming. You need a DB25 to DB9 cable. Straight through (not null).

You also need the SAT software. I might still have version 4 at home. I will have to look. It is useless without the MIFM card though.

The way these were programmed without the PC is through the phone. Ports 1 and 2 were the main programming ports. You will want the feature programming manual to learn how to program the system.

The SCSI connector on the CPU was to connect the next cabinet in the stack.

The U40 ETU would have been one of the later cards so that must be a linux version. I don't remember the default IP Address and don't have that manual handy. Odds are good it is in the 192.168.0/1.X range.

I see a U10 and U20 version on eBay. Does the version matter?

The default IP address I saw in one of the manuals is 192.168.1.100 which I tried and no luck. I have a hard time doing any program changes through a phone. I needed to change the ringing on on phone and I got someone to talk me through it. There was some trial and error involved to just get that done. I'm hoping the serial or ethernet ports would get me a more user friendly environment to program in! If you come across the SAT software that would be a big help. Thanks!

You are better off learning how to do it through the phone. The extra cost for the hardware you need is not worth it. Also, the way the program software works, you have to download the entire database, make your changes then upload the entire database. Thus running the risk of interruptions or corrupting the database. I worked with that system since it's introduction and programming through the phone is actually easier and faster. If you insist, I still have a copy of the program. It's a .exe file so it cannot be attached here. It also may not work in WIN 10.

I can buy the card for $15 so that's no problem. Can you change the the .exe on the end or another method to send the software? Im new to this forum and getting used to the rules. Also I would like to get a backup of the system with my laptop. Don't know when/if it was ever done. I replaced the batteries except the voice mail card. Replace the battery with the system up?

Anyone have a copy of NEC SAT 4.70 software I can download or you can send me?

It will not let me upload it even after changing the extension. Unfortunately this forum does not provide for personal contact. If you provide an email address I can place it in my dropbox account so you can download it.

Belevedere, I have a drop box account. rules say no emails or phone numbers allowed. I would think there is a legitimate way to communicate This info?

It's the only method I have available. Others have posted emails for downloads in the DT700 forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back