Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Dterm Series i

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2001
AU
I'm pretty much a complete novice with these things so excuse the obvious question.
How do I program the programmable keys? I have one user who has switched extensions and now his headset programmable key no longer works. I've been searching the net but haven't found any useful documentation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What system do you have and are you able to do any system programming?

We have an NEC 200 IPS. I can do some programing through Matworx32. If I have to do command line programming I still use Matworx. I am a visual person. I would much rather use MOC in Matworx than the phone display.

If you can use MOC mode you need Cmd 9000 de extn "," key No de and this should display what is programmed for the key the code you need to enter is F1090. You don't need the quotation marks with the comma.

Thanks for the replies, there was plenty of info on that site but nothing I could get to work. I'm still unsure if I can program directly through the phone or not. I am able to change the displayed names using cmd 770 but I don't know the codes for any other commands. I tried cmd 9000 and got 'data error'. Any ideas on what I can try from here?

At what point do you get data error? If it is when you try to put the extn number in then perhaps you are entering it wrong. It has to be Extn Number comma Key number. You get the comma by pressing the TRF key.

That may well be it. I'll give it a bash this afternoon. Thanks again.

I spoke too soon, still no joy. Still not 100% clear I'm doing it right. I'm accessing the cmd prompt on the phone itself and entered 9000 Recall Ext which then came up as 'data error'. Recall works between the cmd and ext when used for the 770 cmd.

But the sequence has to be 9000 RECALL Ext TRF Key Number (01 -16) RECALL. Is that how you are entering it? If you do 9000 RECALL Ext RECALL you will get data error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back