Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DTERM SERIES E Display CF ALL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooperdan

Programmer
Aug 18, 2010
US
I am NOT a commo guy, just a computer support nerd but we have a voice mail server and DTERM phones. I have two users that are somehow inter-connected; when I dial extension 250, it rings on extension 253 and that phone displays "CF ALL". When I dial 250, it displays CF ALL on my phone as well.
I have the Agent console guide as well as the Supervisor Console guide. However, I don't have the knowledge to apply much of what I read there!

What type of system do you have. 2000, 2400, Elite, 8100, 8300. Give us a little more info and I am sure someone will be able to help you.

It will probably be a line key appearance. take note of which key is flashing when it is ringing to each number then get back to us with the system type and we can help!

sounds like 250 has a fwd all on it

- use ACFs if it is a large system to clear the fwd on ext 250
- use E600 if it is an IPS to clear the fwd

bit hard to give advice when the system type is unknown

Guys, I really appreciate the replies! But I don't even know enough to ask intelligent questions: how do I identify what type of system we have? All I know is what I read on the faceplate of the phone and that info is in my title!

Fair enough!

First test is try to log on from a Dterm! In a fairly fluid sequence, press the following. transfer (trf), conference (conf). *, Transfer (trf), conference (conf), #. Tell us what you get in the display!

I must admit though, the fact that you don't know your system type makes me wary about whether we should help. You should be speaking to the person who knows your system or at least give us a plausible explanation of why you don't know but still have to administrate it!

OzzieGeorge, that is fair enough! I'm a civil service guy, work for the dept of the army at FT Bragg NC. I am the installation management officer (IMO) as well as the telephone control officer (TCO) for my organization. My higher level of support takes days to respnd to a request, and, frankly, they aren't very knowledgable about this system either! :)
And the key sequence you offered resulted in a display of
CAT MODE

Thanks for the reply!

I should also say that if something has electrons flowing throught it, they expect me to be able to "fix it"! I am mainly a network admin and server system admin and don't speak "phone".

Try pressing SPEAKER - get dialtone

enter # 5 then *

That is the default code to cancel CF ALL

Post back. If it doesn't work we will need to look at your dial plan to find the code to cancel

grh959, should I hold down the # while entering 5, then * ?

grh959, that appears to have done the deed! Thanks a bunch! I still may not know what system I have but I can cancel call forwarding! :)

It appears to ba an NEC 2000 but I am not sure if it is an IVS / IVS2 or IPS

Ok log on as before and when you get CAT mode press the lnr/spd key. This should display COMMAND dial 10 then press recall. you now start dialling 0s, if you get an error when you dial the fourth zero then it is either an IVS2 or an IPS. If it accepts the fourth zero, then it is an IVS.

Beyond that I've never checked to see what easy way there is to check from programming, which system as from a user programming point of view, the commands that changed from IVS2 to IPS are areas you wouldn't go into unless you knew what you are doing!

Oh and if you want to get out of this mode at any time, simply lift and replace the handpiece!

By the way. Once you have worked out the system type as above, go to the FAQs (there's a link at the top of the page) and you will find there is a walkthrough of how to find out what feature code does what!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back