Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DSX On-premise call forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPNMRK

MIS
Apr 28, 2012
US
I received this report today:

Extension 301 went on vacation and turned on call fwd immediate to extension 302. When they returned, they say they found "a bunch of voice mails" on their own VM. Can this be true? I would assume that a Cfwd/Immediate would play/use the destination extension's voice mailbox in NA/BSY conditions.

Thanks.

Did they accidently assign their mailbox to go straight to VM when dialed from auto attn?

He tested it just now and says that the incoming call does, indeed, ring at the target extension but, when not answered, he hears his own mailbox greeting and not that of the target extension. Maybe it's supposed to work that way but I couldn't find any information in the DSX documentation that covers this particular detail and it seems logical that a Cfwd/Immediate to an inside extension would NA into the target extension's VM.

It should go to the extension dialed. That is the number repeated to the VM. EX: 301 calls 305, 305 CF B/NA to VM, should hear the greeting from 305.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back