Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DS2000 System Dropping Phone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumberBoy

Technical User
Jun 16, 2010
US
I am the IT manager for a local lumberyard, our NEC DS2000 system drops around 10 - 15 calls a day. We have about 16 phones in our store. The calls are only dropped at the time you answer the phone. It will ring as long as you don't pick it up, but when you try to answer that is when it will drop the call. I used to be able to tell when the call was going to be dropped, because the caller id would show unavailable. However, in the last few weeks the number of dropped calls has increased and it is now dropping calls that show caller id. This problem started when our store got struck by lightning and we had to replace one of the boards in the system control box. I do not know which board was replaced and my original installer has moved out of the area and I cannot contact him. I am with bellsouth (at&t) and they have checked the lines and said everything is good on their end. We have four phone lines here. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks. I would also be willing to pay if a solution was reached. Thanks for reading.

Have you tried to reverse T&R at the dmark? Does the system have a good ground? If you can make outgoing calls and don't hear a lot of static on the line, I would first try to reverse the T&R.

On calls that you do receive, can you transfer them to other stations ok? If so, I would look back towards the CO.

I don't recall any programm settings that would cause/fix dropped calls. If you use the admin software, verify System, Trunk Timers PBX?Centrex Flsh=800ms, Loop Current Detection=800ms, and Far End Disconnect=300MS, Last - verify Flash Disconnect is at least 2496ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back