Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Aspire S set incoming line flashes but does not ring 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstar1tech

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
US
I am working on a NEC Aspire S key system.
Simply the customer has an incoming line that flashes on her set but does not ring. She is requesting that it flashes and rings.
I've searched for half a day and can not find anything.
Thank you very much

22-05 places a trunk in a trunk ring group. 22-04 places a telephone in a telephone ring group. If they are the same ring group, then it will ring.
EX: 22-05, mode 1 trunk 1 ring group 1
22-04, mode 1 ext 102 ring group 1
15-07, line key has trunk appearance.

You probably need to add her extension to the ring group, at default it would be group 1.

First of all thank you!
I am a Nortel trained tech, i was just trying to help them out, I was able to figure out how to chg set names and modify the time & date.
But i wouldn't know how to get into programming to view or change set/line group ringing. I imagine it may be quite simple i just dont know how to get to it.

Can i view/copy another set that same line rings and appears on? All the other sets in the office the incoming lines ring, just her set the line # 1 does not ring it only flashes.

how do i input 22-05 or 22-04??
The ext # is 303 line 1 flashes does not ring

Programming through a phone is cumbersome. I suggest you look for a copy of PCPro for the aspire system. I also suggest you get a copy of the feature programming manual , try
The default log in and password info is in the manual. Usually that info is not posted here, however it is common knowledge from the manual.

Press Call1 + # + * + # + * + 12345678 + hold. If this does not work, then the default password was changed.
dial 22-04-01, navigate to ring group 1, advance through the entries to a blank one, then add 303, press hold to write it.
All of this is much easier with PCPro.

this is a one time thing. Just trying to help them with one phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back