Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC AD40 setting clock 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubasaki

MIS
Jan 19, 2007
US
How do I change the clock settings on a NEC AD40? my clock is running 45 minutes slow.

If you don't have cosessions software I think you will have to contact NEC. However I've never seen an AD40 as they don't appear to be on sale down here. AD8 is about the biggest we get. Thing is if you ask NEC nicely and they have the modem number they will probably do a time change free of charge, it only takes a few seconds and one telephone call. If you know the "RDA" number for the VM then even if they didn't have the number and you can supply it they will probably change it FOC. A happy customer is worth more than the cost of raising the invoice. Be nice to them and they will probably be nice to you, Why would you pi$$ of a customer for such a small job.

On an AD-40 you should have a keyboard and monitor since it is an external voice mail. You need to log into the voice mail (Hit F2 from the banner screen) and the default password should be NEC. Type NEC and hit enter. This should take you to the "Easymate Application" screen. Then hit page down on the keyboard (I believe it is 3 or four times) until you see the clock in the upper left corner of the page. Tab to the box with the time and change it to the correct time. Tab off of that box and hit "ESC" until you get to the banner screen. If you hit "ESC" too many times it will ask you if you want to shut down the voice mail just type N. Your done!! Good Luck!!

Sorry after re-reading my post I need to correct one thing...The time will be in the upper right hand corner of the page not the left. I need some more coffee!!

If you are a system manager of the voice mail (can change mailboxes and greetings) then you can go through the system manager options and change the time on the Voice mail. I think it is under "Would you like to change the system schedule?" You hit one for yes and it will say something about changing the time. The easiest way to enter it is using a 24hour clock.

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back