Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC AD-64 to NEAX 2400 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mophxaz

Vendor
Sep 2, 2013
US
Hi Everyone, I replaced a bad Repartee with a NEAXMail AD-64 connecting to A NEAX ICS 2400 PBX, The VM is programmed and up and running but doesn't answer when called, the lines are tested and working, all I get is a ring no answer, When I call from an extension, the VM ports show "incoming call" then sometimes shows the extension number or it shows Day-CWID, then shows transfering to "O" operator, then it shows error 101-5,7--121,0 or error 140-6,0--9,0 ( the --9 appears to be the port number as its on port 9, then it shows -10 on port 10 as so on, I couldn't find what these codes mean anywhere), yet my calling extension is still ringing and is never answered, and this is on all ports. The 2400 phone system had a Repartee with analog lines on it, then I added a 16- ELCJ-B and programmed it up for digital lines and moved the lines over to the AD-64, is there any other programming on the 2400 that may need done or changed? I know its an integration issue, but where, I've been trying everything with no luck , What am I missing? Please HELP!

Ok so I have never played with the AD64 but my first guess would be key layout on the dterms!

The 16ELCB cards need to have the proper SP chip on it. I am searching my notes to find the SP chip number. I will post it if I can find it. Maybe it's buried in a previous post here.
Also make sure that the ports are in ascending numerical order. EX: 1, 2, 3, 4 etc, and not 1, 3, 2, 4.
Check and verify that MCI is working using procomm directly connected to the RS port in the PBX.

Thanks belevedere, I did set them up in numerical order at first but may have got changed while troubleshooting, I will check them again. MCI was working with the old VM, I will test again to make sure. Hope you find the SP chip number, can I use a 16-ELCH card instead? Your help is much appreciated!

The MCI is working, its the only thing I'm getting information from to the AD-16, I used the PBXpert and the lines failed, when I put a phone on them they work just like a digial phone should, the lines are in numerical order, my 16-ELCJ-B is SP 3295 B 6 001, I have a B 5A and a B 1A available if needed.

I am still searching for the SP chip level.
Reminder; the ports connect to the second pair, wh/or-or/wh.

Yes, I did know that, Wh/Or-Or/Wh, The AD-64 used to be on a 2000IVS for a short time, worked perfect then. I am searching the records too, haven't found anything on the SP level yet, got to figure this out, customer is getting very antsy!

Okay, I'll look for one, I did make some headway, I found if you call the vm pilot then press the voice btn it answers and knows the extension, I pgmed a spd btn for the pilot then voice (transfer key) XXXXV, press it and it works every time, now if I can add that to fwd bsy/nans and incoming calls...... wishful thinking?

Okay, so I got a 16ELCJ-B card with SP3935, put the card in and I get a Min Alm, no green run light, no blinking unused port blinking lights, nothing :( Help!

Perform a LEN list of the card and look for an improper assignment. If it is assigned as anything other than a TEC 12 it should be deleted. Your original post stated that you replaced an analog card with a digital card. The programming has tobe changed. No OPE LED means that it is either nothing is programmed on the card or it is the wrong assignment on the LEN's.

Used a different unused slot for it 002140-002157, analog lines are on 002100-002107, checked all ports for something else programmed on it 002140-002157, there was nothing, deprogrammed it and programmed it up again 002140-002147, all 8 as TEC 12, as soon as you program the first the port 002140 the OPE light should come on and the rest of the ports should be blinking correct? would the switch software have anything to do with it? The manuals there say 2400 ICS but the switch says 2400 IMS at the top of the cabinet.

They said its a brand new card, never been used,they are sending another today next day air.

It appears they sent me the wrong card, it has no dip switches SW10 or SW11, I will have the right one tomorrow. :)

Hallelujah! I got it working. Thank You belevedere, that's what I needed, a 16ELCJ-B SP 3935 or higher card, I got a SP3935 and it worked. For the record, I had to put SW10 dip switch 1 to ON and SW11 dip switch 5 ON for it to work, and now.... its working like a champ. Thanks again for your patience and help, You Da Bomb.com.

I needed a 16ELCJ-B SP 3935 or higher card, I had to put SW10 dip switch 1 to ON and SW11 dip switch 5 ON for it to work, Switch 1 on for when system uses software Series 7300 Release 7 or earlier, off for when system uses software Series 7400 Release 8 or higher, SW11 switch 5 for type of phones being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back