Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2400IMX DRU Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaDJR

Technical User
May 14, 2007
US
I just purchased a SP-DAIA DLI Card and a DRU-30A-B for use with my 2400IMX. I've installed the DLI Card in the last available 32 bit slot in the stack PIM0 SLot 23. The LEDs indicate a good link, and I have run the loopback tests to verify a good connection, but when I try to activate a circuit on any LEN (first=001200) I get a "Group Mounting Error (Unmounted or Unmatched). (Error 0x0102)"

Can anyone shed some light on why I might be getting this message?

In case it helps, the adjacent card is a PA-24DTR.

Thanks in advance.

Possibly that slot is where your conference trunks are programmed. If you have another slot try moving it.

Do not use the first 8 time slots . Reprogram starting with 001210.

After further investigation try racefans idea. Something is programmed in that slot.

When using the DLI Card in some of the lower slot numbers (i.e. slots 5 and 7), do I need to make sure the next slot is vacant because this is an E1 card?

I was under the impression that when using a 32-bit card in a 16-bit slot, you needed to leave the next slot in the PIM open, and I have no more 32-bit slots left.

Thanks for the replies!

When insalling a DRU you use the start with the first level.
i.e. a slot with 016,017,018,019 you would program the first station on XXX160.

After doing a LLEN on the LENs associated with slot 23, I see that there are several routes programmed on various LENs. According to the manual, I can use slots 5,8,16, and 18, but when I put the DLI board in those slots and activate the MB switch the N-OPE LED stays lit and OPE will not go green. Specifically, I tried slot 7 and verified that nothing was programmed on LENs 010060-010090 plus 010300-010317, but when I turn the card on N-OPE stays lit. Any ideas?

I tried programming a LEN but the OPE light on the card still does not come on in that slot.

Just to clarify, the DAIA is an analog DRU not for digital phones, if the TEC is assigned as a 12 instead of a 3 this will behave like this.

I am using a TEC of 3. I've actually used this same configuration before, I am just confused as to why I can not make it work in the slots that the manual says it works in.

I have my problem solved, and thanks to everyone who helped. Here's my mistake. Once I discovered I could not use my last 32-bit slot, I moved to an available 16-bit slot in the upper PIM. When I did that, I made a mistake in the LEN number because I had the module group wrong in my head. Once I stepped back and took another look at the situation, I had been using the wrong LEN all along. I am feeling really bone-headed at the moment, and I have the label-maker fired up ready to help me make sure I don't do that again.

Thanks to all that assisted me with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back