Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2000 IPS Tie Line Digit Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaphone

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
Help! Customer has an IPS2000, connecting to another PBX using Tie lines (ISDN). PBX tech claims that they cannot route a five digit number over the tie line, only four.

I don't know the NEC, but most PBX's can route a five digit extension over a tie line using CDP/UDP or some other similar type feature. What do I need to tell the PBX guy that needs to be done to make this work? What feature does he have to implement that is similar to NorTel CDP or Avaya UDP? Even the MD110 can do it with Least Cost Routing!

The Tech doesn't know how to program the system. If that was true then you would not be able to route 10 digits over to another system for dial tone (ARS or LCR)
He needs to create another LCR group for that tie line. **a little new to the NEC but**
200> digits > A126 - A129 LCR 0-3
8AA000 assigning a bin maybe 4007
8A4007 assigning the route 0030
8A0030
857>3>05 digits

basic LCR for any connection between system. the problem is that the system doesn't spell it out for you. You need him to take the database and program it offsite and upload it after hours.
It would be easy to over write other routes and LCRs you might have.

Thanks! I read through the manual, and from what I could get that was the answer I had come to. I just needed someone to confirm it. This will provide him with the info he needs.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back