Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2000 IPS clock randomly resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyronejr

Technical User
Nov 26, 2011
US
Hi all

I have a 2000 ips that the clock keeps going to 1 Jan 20k_ 12:00. Can set the time again in 02 but it will be reset the next time I see the client. Anyone have an idea. They do not seem to be having power outage problems.

Thanks for the help!

Check all access codes in CMD 200 for a A197 setting. That code can be dialed by any station to change the clock. If it exists, maybe someone discovered it. If so, delete the code.

I know you mentioned the customer not having power issues but usually this is a problem when CPU resets . Check to see if theree is a UPS that might need to be replaced. If there is no UPS ,try and sell customer a small minute man.

Also take a backup
Take a backkup take a backup!!

Due to the age of the CPU, the battery back-up, the battery itself is probably dead. This will not affect your database but will affect the CPU in retaining the correct date & time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back