Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

neaxmail ad-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

miu80

Technical User
Dec 29, 2004
US
does anyone know how to remove an extension that was deleted in vm but still shows up when trying to enter another person in on that same ext? the error message is 'duplicate ID # Name'
is it possible to use the same ID if the ext was deleted? and what is the options of finding the duplicate ID on the vm personal directory?

Check to see if a Transaction box is setup with that #

VDG, I've checked out the transaction directory, no such number there. I dont know where else to look- there is no # in the transaction, or personal directories. Is there a way to find it on the os2 directories for deleted extension that are still hiding in the system somewhere?

I don't know where the the Directorys are stored in the os2 however, try doing a control-J and enter the extension in the 'ID or Ext' field. Sounds like the extention you are trying to add matches an ID not an Extension. If this is true change the ID of the extension.

I've tried this before. is it possible to setup the user with a new extension with a 9 in the front- with the personal ID with 3 9's instead of 2? does the extension also have to be entered in the mat with the ALGSN command also, or with the ASDT command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back